Power window wiring??

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 09:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Power window wiring??

I need help. I'm in right field on wiring and I have no idea how to come about this task. I need to wire up the power window regulators and switches as factory as possible in my 2003 f150. I've got everything factory swapped, regulators, door panels and factory wiring as well. just need power to the windows pretty much. I'm sure this is on here somewhere else and I didn't see it. Sorry! All help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Caleb.

Old 05-07-2013, 09:08 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Diagrams included down the post.

if you are converting a non PW truck to PW, did you swap the GEM as well, or are you bypassing this ?

If you are bypassing this, the OTD ( One Touch Down ) will not work without the Ford module being added.

You will need to get + VDC to the driver's side 7 passenger's side switches.
This can be from the the factory slot, if it has + VDC on the supply side of the fuse slot. You would also need to check for the circuit side, to see if it has a fuse terminal in it ( some times the fuse slots are not populated if they are not used ).

If not, you will need to run a fused circuit from the battery via a relay that is hot in run / accy only. An Add-A-fuse can be used in the radio fuse slot for this. The added circuit only draws < 1A.

To bypass the GEM, yes you would wire the arrow D on 100-1 to arrow A on the motor on 100-1. This will bypass the GEM.

The OTD circuit from the switch is not used ( gray wire )

You will need to get the instrument illumination circuit from the output on the dimmer switch on the dash. This is the Light Blue w/ Red stripe wire.

The other wires are run the same as the diagrams ( driver to passenger sides ) and add the grounds. Both use the same ground lug, seem to recall this is by the e-brake pedal.

Sorry I have not been around as of late, work is busy.

The following users liked this post:

Quick Reply: Power window wiring??