trailer connection help 07 f150

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 12:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
trailer connection help 07 f150

so my trailer connector is dead from my truck to the trailer, no lights on the trailer.......idk where to look for the fuse(which fuse) or the relay. im goin nuts over this. its an 07 f150 4x4 5.4 super cab.
SO then i hooked up the test light and touched all the pins..and figured out that i have some power back there , the turn signals,and brake light. when i hook up the test light for the running lights, the test light is very dim.?????????????????????
and and i didnt find a fuse box under the hood. and all the fuses and relays are ok.
this is an 07 f150 5.4

Old 02-06-2012, 01:21 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Might want to check the owners manual on which fuses are for the trailer tow adapter.

If you did not get an owners manual with your truck ( purchased used ), you can download one from Ford :
https://www.fleet.ford.com/maintenan...ls/default.asp

How did you get to all the fuses are OK ?
- test light or meter to both pins on the back of the fuse with the fuse installed and the key in the run position
or
- Pull and stare at the fuse ?

Which trailer tow adapter are you testing to ( 4 or 7 pin ) ?

You have power to the left and right stop / turn pins, but is it the same as battery ( i.e. need a meter to confirm )

What are you using for a ground to test to ?

Need to know what you are testing the parking lamp to for a ground, and what the actual voltage is ( dim is only a general indicator and indicates time to get the meter out )

Quick Reply: trailer connection help 07 f150