06' Power Windows

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 07:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06' Power Windows

The power windows in my 2006 F150 stopped working months ago. I finally got around to dealing with what has turned into a nightmare. There is no fuse but there is a 30 amp circuit breaker. Replaced it. Didn't work. Pulled apart the switch cluster and found a burned up switch with melted contacts. Replaced the entire cluster. Didn't work. Went on line to get advice and everyone said it was a bad motor. Just spend 4 hours replacing the regulator and motor and prior to puting my door back together I tested the new motor and it did not work.

Now I have to re-assemble my window, motor, trim, panel, etc... and still have windows that don't work.

Is there anyone out there that can really help me? Anyone want to buy a 2006 F150 XLT - 5.4L V-8 (4x4)?

Old 06-11-2011, 11:31 PM
I would get a test light and start working back from the switches until you find where the power loss is.

Red

Old 06-28-2011, 02:57 AM
I have the same problem I've been to the dealer they told me its a wire hardness problem. The problem is I don't know witch side it would be I'm pretty sure its gonna be the driver side I just haven't had time to take it apart since its my only transportation wright now once I get a chance to look at it ill post back on here.

Quick Reply: 06' Power Windows