Driver side Low Beam don't work

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 06:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Driver side Low Beam don't work

I have have a 2002 F150 FX4 and my driver side headlight low beam doesn't work. I have replaced the bulb with a new one, checked all the fuses and everything checks out ok. Does anyone know what might be wrong or what I need to check? Or has had this problem before and has solved it?

Old 01-10-2011, 06:53 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
What fuses did you check ? ( All does not tell too much, and there are only 3 that you really needed to check ).

How did you check the fuse ?
Did you do the pull and stare method, or check with a meter ?

Did you check for power at the bulb connector, prior to doing the remove and replace ?

Old 01-10-2011, 11:47 PM
I had checked the low beam fuses #26/#28 left and right side and the headlight relay and i used a fuse tester that lights up if the fuse is still good. I never checked for power at the light before replacement since I dont have a meter to check it with (will be getting one tomorrow) My high beams work so I am at a total loss to why just all of a sudden the low beam wont work.

Old 01-11-2011, 01:36 PM
Angry

FX4Man48, test the bulb in the passenger side as well, its possible you simply got a bad bulb. My wife had to replace that driver side bulb in our 03 the other day as it failed inspection & last night I noticed the headlight aim was way off so when I looked this AM I see they didnt seat the studs into the retainer clips properly & they put in a Chinese made bulb, to make matters worse they also broke one clip off the connector to the bulb! In other words its all screwed up now. You would think changing a bulb would be something they could do without screwing up but NOT! Did you remove yours using the 2 pull up clips or remove a bunch of stuff to get to it?

Last edited by LittleTow; 01-11-2011 at 02:04 PM. Reason: Wrong info.
Old 01-17-2011, 03:52 PM
Hey everyone sorry I should have posted this a little sooner. I had tested the bulb on the pass side and it worked over there so I figured there was just something wrong with the drivers side wiring. So I tested the volts and traced all wires, double checked all fuses, and everything was good so I put the factory bulb that was still good and it worked so I thought WTF!! So long story short put the new ones in and was about to go to the dealer to have them look at it and the damn thing worked I dont know what I did or what changed but they work now.

Old 01-18-2011, 12:36 AM
Originally Posted by FX4Man48
Hey everyone sorry I should have posted this a little sooner. I had tested the bulb on the pass side and it worked over there so I figured there was just something wrong with the drivers side wiring. So I tested the volts and traced all wires, double checked all fuses, and everything was good so I put the factory bulb that was still good and it worked so I thought WTF!! So long story short put the new ones in and was about to go to the dealer to have them look at it and the damn thing worked I dont know what I did or what changed but they work now.
Must have just had a bad connection and putting the bulb(s) in and out cleaned the contact enough for it to work again.

Quick Reply: Driver side Low Beam don't work