Power Mirrors - ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 06:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Power Mirrors - ?

Hey guys - its been a long time since I have been on here and have a lot of reading to catch up on! But first a question. My truck is a 2004 Screw FX4 with power mirrors only, no heated or turn signals. My driver mirror was broke and I got a new one but it has spot for the turn signal with a cheap cover. My question is, does the standard wiring harness in the door come ready for signals? I am thinking about getting the signal for the mirror, but if the harness in the door doesnt support it, then well I will keep the hole covered. If it works then I will replace the passenger side too. Thanks in advance for your input!

Old 01-07-2011, 12:35 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
You are going to need to pull the mirror head off and confirm it .

Depending on the build date, it is one of these 2 diagrams.

Old 01-07-2011, 07:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great - wiring diagrams! My favorite! Thanks for the homework - You couldn't have just yes or no? lol Thanks SSCULLY

Old 01-07-2011, 07:38 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Sorry, no yes or no to this one.

There are way too many changes between model years in a series to base the answer on MY range and trim level.

I can say the Lariat & XLT usually has the wiring installed in at least the 1st MY of the series, but I have seen too many exceptions to this statement to even want to make it anymore.

Muth Co has the directions for the signal mirrors, you can download them for your MY truck, and see what they have listed for the wires.

The other thing I do not know, is if you are going to find just the mirror signal part. I have not looked at the trademotion site.

Old 01-07-2011, 01:12 PM
Even if the truck doesn't already have the wiring, you'd only need to add 1 wire to each side to make them work. It's less work than putting aftermarket speakers in the doors.

Quick Reply: Power Mirrors - ?