Power Windows acting up?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 02:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Power Windows acting up?

Did some digging to see if this problem has been visited before and didn't find anything.

I can roll the drivers side and passenger side windows down fine. (I have a crew cab and the back two work fine) But When I try to roll them back up I have to hit the up button several times before they come up. Dirt contact? warning sign switch is on way out? the passenger side works fine, only when it's controlled from the driver's side.

Old 08-28-2010, 03:13 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by RegLiner
Did some digging to see if this problem has been visited before and didn't find anything.

I can roll the drivers side and passenger side windows down fine. (I have a crew cab and the back two work fine) But When I try to roll them back up I have to hit the up button several times before they come up. Dirt contact? warning sign switch is on way out? the passenger side works fine, only when it's controlled from the driver's side.
Check the index of the Articles and How Tos. Good instructions for cleaning switch contacts.

Old 08-28-2010, 03:35 AM
One place I didn't look. Thanks for the help. Seems I'm not the only one.

Old 08-30-2010, 08:27 PM
my windows

I had the same problem with the drivers switch. Turned out it wasn't the switch but a plastic piece that does the actual contact to the switch when you press the button down. It has a small teat that had worn down. I put a small piece of heavy tape on it until I made to the bone yard for a new one

Old 08-31-2010, 04:19 PM
switch

same here. Power down seems to work fine, but up is iffy. I cleaned the contacts, and just about the time I was trying to impress someone with my repair skills....nothing. I had to hit the switch 10 times.So it is the plastic button? I will try a new one from the dealer.
Lets see, 2 cents worth of plastic should come out to about 10 bucks after dealer mark up etc....

Quick Reply: Power Windows acting up?