Wiring up cup holder lights

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2001, 04:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Wiring up cup holder lights

I was just outside wiring up my LED cup holder lights and had one question. Where did everyone ground there LED's. I thought about grounding the LED's right into the ground wire that runs the ash tray bulb. Anyone see a problem with that or did you ground yours some other place?

PS: I did not think I had an ash tray bulb until I started taking the cup holder apart and found that just the bulb was blown. So if I have them on a early model 97 pretty much everyone else should too.

------------------
97 Ford F150 XLT 4x4 4.6L auto, Std cab/Long bed, 3.55LS rear axle, PW,PL, and PM, captian chairs w/arm rests
Sylvania Cool Blue Bulbs, Ford logo hitch and license plate, tinted windows, blackouts front and rear(w/ford logos on front blackouts),ventvisors all around, painted logos on door sills and under hood, 55w backup lights, K&N Filter, custom 4x4 emblems,and much more to come

thomaswright5714@hotmail.com

Old 05-22-2001, 05:05 PM
Yea that is what I did. Just use the ashtray light ground.

[This message has been edited by Firezap (edited 05-22-2001).]

Old 05-22-2001, 05:45 PM
Firezap
Thanks for the reply. I went ahead and just hooked it up. Works and looks great. Glad to know I did it the right way. Oh, and by the way thanks for the idea I seen it on your truck first.

Thanks
KYFordFreak

------------------
97 Ford F150 XLT 4x4 4.6L auto, Std cab/Long bed, 3.55LS rear axle, PW,PL, and PM, captian chairs w/arm rests
Sylvania Cool Blue Bulbs, Ford logo hitch and license plate, tinted windows, blackouts front and rear(w/ford logos on front blackouts),ventvisors all around, painted logos on door sills and under hood, 55w backup lights, K&N Filter, custom 4x4 emblems,and much more to come

thomaswright5714@hotmail.com

Old 05-22-2001, 08:43 PM
Cool

No problem, Try the power port/lighter LED next makes a big diff. plugging in things at night.

Quick Reply: Wiring up cup holder lights