Calling all Ford Techs......

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2001, 01:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Calling all Ford Techs......

I have looked in the places where some very kind and helpful folks have sent pictures and the DRL resistor is not in the same place on an 2000 Expy. I priced the manuals and Wiring book from Helm and total it's $233.00.

All I want to know is where the DRL resistor mounts on an 2000 Expy.

I'm wondering if it is somewhere else on this truck since the harness for relay is right where it's supposed to be.

Could/would someone look in an Expy manual and locate it for me and the others who have been asking this question.

It's not in my chiltons manual.

Thanks in advance---Bob

------------------

The vehicle above is one of many. Try refreshing. It goes by random but the Expy was exactly like mine. Now it's a
2000 EB Expedition 5.4L, Estate Green with all the perks,3.55 LS,Heated and Signal Mirrors and Seats Moon Roof. Auto adjusting peddles,seats, and mirrors. Rhino Step Bar (coming), Ford Bug Shield,Even the hitch propeller, More to come... My 99 Expy was destroyed in a Wisconsin Tornado (No B.S.) Allstate did good by me but I still took a hit on mileage.

Old 02-12-2001, 08:08 PM
i'll find out at work tomm. I just recently added drls to a 2001 supercrew , but all they ordered was the relay block that goes under the oval cover on the pass top of the dash. So to get them to work, the resistor plug was behind the left(drivers) headlight. the first plug i grabbed was the foglight plug(it was 2wd, so it had no foglights) and then i founf the resistor plug a few inches away, and the cust didnt want to wait to get the resistor, so i twisted the wires together for him, and made them work at full low beam brightness. But i'll look and see if a 2000 exp. has it in the same place

Old 02-12-2001, 08:16 PM
I have the Helm's manual for the 2000 Expy, and I cannot find the resistor plug where the wiring diagram shows it to be. I found two wires behind the driver's side headlight. They are heavy gauge, attached to the chassis by means of a metal ring. One is black, the other is green with a yellow stripe. If this is the connector for the DRL resistor, there is no plug. I disconnected these wires from the chassis; it made the engine idle rough, so I'm not sure what they are. In addition, I cannot find the primary crash sensor behind the bumper on the Expy; according to the service manual, the wire harness for it should run near the connection for the DRL resistor. I would be glad to email you a copy of the wiring diagram if you like. You can let me know if your Expy has the resistor plug in the indicated area.

Old 02-12-2001, 09:05 PM
Jefflaws and Silica

See my new post. I looked but could not find---Bob

PS I do appreciate the help. If I can't find it I'll come up with an alternate which I will be happy to photograph and share.

Quick Reply: Calling all Ford Techs......