Light switch question

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2001, 04:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Light switch question

This has been covered before but a quick question on the light switch.
Buddy has a 99 XL 2 wheel drive with no auto-lamp or etc. His light switch will pull out in the full on(running and HL)like the switched unit for the fog lamps. How do you tell if this is a functional switch to control fog lamps if that option was on it. I remember people saying some of these were non-functional for one reason or another but I`m curious if they put a functional fog lamp control switch in by mistake.
My 00 2 wheel drive model has all the options but foglamps and my switch does not pull out like that. If its a functional switch he will swap with me so I`m one step closer to having all the pieces to control my added fog lamps like the factory option.
Sorry if this is a repet question but didn`t see a answer on how to tell if it was a actual working switch in the HL control.

Thanks guys

------------------
2000 F150 SC, XLT, Bright Red/Silver 4x2,Auto, 5.4, 3.55LS,CD, sliding rear window, Tow package,Captains chairs,Remote Entry, Ford Bedliner, molded splash guards,Stainless step bars and bed rails.
FM40 single in/Single out the side.Clear Corners just installed.Pretty much stock now but waiting for performance mods to include FIPK,,Superchip, new wheels/tires and new audio.

Old 01-14-2001, 12:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am looking at the wiring diagram for 2000 model year. If you had the light switch out so you can see the harness check for terminals in the number 2 and 5 cavitys of the 12 pin connector on the 99 switch. No terminals no function. If they are there put headlight switch in fog lamp on position and check continunity between 2 and 5. Should be there. Terminal no.2 is supplied power from the fuse on a WH/PK or WH/BK wire and goes to fog light relay from terminal no.5 on a YE wire when you activate the fog lamp position. Does that help?

------------------

2000 XLT Bright red, Flareside,extended cab,sport,5.4,bedrug,Extang tonneau.

Old 01-15-2001, 12:07 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nitro94
Thanks, the info is what I was looking for. I have all the meters to be able to check this but had no idea on what pin outs to check. Also made it a lot easier knowing what wires to look for. Thanks!!

------------------
2000 F150 SC, XLT, Bright Red/Silver 4x2,Auto, 5.4, 3.55LS,CD, sliding rear window, Tow package,Captains chairs,Remote Entry, Ford Bedliner, molded splash guards,Stainless step bars and bed rails.
FM40 single in/Single out the side.Clear Corners just installed.Pretty much stock now but waiting for performance mods to include FIPK,,Superchip, new wheels/tires and new audio.

Quick Reply: Light switch question