just looking for any answers since ford doesn't know.

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2000, 10:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation just looking for any answers since ford doesn't know.

i am looking for some input on a 2000 f-150,4 wheel-drive, 5.4 v-8, stepside. starting a couple of weeks ago my abs light started to stay on, on a random basis. then last week i was leaving work and when i started my truck up it was one of those random times that my abs light stayed on, no big deal it had done it before. on my way home my truck died and all the lights on my instrument panel came on. with my lights on i tried to start it again but it wouldn't. after turning my light's off i got it started, but a lot of good that would do driving at night. so after driving around the block with my lights off i was able to keep it going and turn my lights on. so for the next couple of weeks i didn't have anymore problems with it. then this week i was on my way to work with my parking lights on and for some reason my truck just felt like it was running funny so i turned my parking lights off. but then sitting behind a car i noticed that i still had headlights but they were not switched on. and then on top of that my headlights would go off and on along with when i would push on the brake pedal. so now for a brief recap;1. abs light stays on when truck is started randomly,2.if abs light stays on i know truck is gonna stall,3.when abs light is on the bright light indicator is lit as well as the factory fog lamp indicator even if they are not on,4.headlights go off and on with the application of the brakes when the headlights are not even on,5.truck sometimes stalls when put into reverse. i've taken my truck in for service but with it being a random thing they of course couldn't get it to do it when they had it. according to them they have not had any other similar problems like it yet, and even checked with ford and they hadn't had any reports yet. i just looking to see if anyone else has had a similar situation, or someone that might have any knowledge to what might be the problem.

thanks,
todd goad

Old 11-30-2000, 02:08 PM
Sounds like Gremlins to me. Good luck!

------------------
'98 F150 S/C 5.4 V8 4x2, Aggie maroon, spindle lift, blocks and leafs, Rancho RSX shocks, Airaid filter system, Pro Comp 305/70/16, AR Baja 16x8, Dynomax duals, and some other stuff

Old 11-30-2000, 06:09 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sounds like all the ecletrical systems have a short or something.

------------------
2000 F150 XLT Reg. cab
4.6 Triton Engine
4x2 3.55 rear end gear
sliding rear window
automatic keyless entry
white styleside short box

Old 11-30-2000, 10:26 PM
Sort of sounds like an intermittent body to chassis or engine grounding problem to affect that many systems. I think I would make the dealer fix it or contact ford reps. but I also think it would be pretty easy to find the loose ground strap yourself. It's probably a fairly big strap, maybe the battery ground itself. Good luck.

------------------
97 Lariet-sc-4.6-4x off road-auto-3.55 LS-
superchip-K&N-3"
pvc air box mod-Granetelli MAF

Quick Reply: just looking for any answers since ford doesn't know.