1994 F150 4x4 Anti-Theft Problem

Old 05-29-2010, 01:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1994 F150 4x4 Anti-Theft Problem

This truck was in Alabama for Katrina, so there have been many electrical issues that I have had to work out. I have 1 left that is driving me nuts. The Anti-Theft system randomly goes off when I start the truck. It doesn't matter if I had the doors locked or not when I got in. I can't count the number of times I have driven through a parking lot or out of my driveway with the horn beeping. Thankfully it stops after 5 or 10 minutes, but then the horn will not work until after I shut the truck off and restart it. I tried going to the local dealership, but they said that since the PCM controls the alarm, there is nothing that can be done. I asked if they would at least tell me what connections on the PCM control this so I can deal with it, and they flat refused. And of course, my trusty Haynes manual doesn't show anything on this system. Can anyone tell me what wires I need to cut, short to ground, short to +12v, or short together to shut disable it? I have searched through forums after forums and can find nothing on this. PLEASE HELP ME SAVE WHAT LITTLE SANITY I HAVE LEFT!!!

Old 05-29-2010, 08:41 PM
Seems I forgot to put in a few "minor details". It's a 1994 with the 5.0l, 4x4 standard cab. No key FOB, no chip in the keys, and if I have the key switch in run, I can take it out of the column. I already know that the clock spring is junk, but I wired past that to get the horn to work under normal circumstances. I don't do enough highway driving to justify the $120 for a new clockspring for the cruise control. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 06-01-2010, 01:12 AM
Somebody??? Anybody??? I've seen lots of ideas for 97 and newer MYs having this problem... Anybody know anything about the 94's??? It's driving me nuts.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1994 F150 4x4 Anti-Theft Problem