head light bulbs ??? Which ones to use 9007..

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2000, 04:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Mikesteg,

You talking about high wattage bulbs.. not Plasma bulbs or White HID bulbs.

And I am pretty sure you can get 55/100's for bulbs. I know they have different wattages all over. JC whittney aftermarket HID bulbs suck. I put a set of those in my bulbs and I wanted to return them. I got a credit though which I was happy. But I will never order the ones they got again.

Old 02-28-2000, 10:49 AM
Red face

Just a quick warning. The bulbs that JC Wittney is selling are reportedly melting the sockets that the bulbs plug into.

What I am hearing is that there bulb manufacterer they are buying from is using to big of a fillament which causes the bulb to draw a lot of power and melt the sockets.

Now I know the Max Super Whites do not melt the sockets in any truck or vehical. This is something you may want to keep in mind.

Old 02-28-2000, 01:56 PM
White Knight:

I'm not sure what you mean about 'high wattage.. not plasma or HID'. Are the plasma and HID bulbs rated by 'effective wattage' or some silly thing like that?

Thanks for the info about 55/100 bulbs. I'll have to find some of those.

As far as JCW bulbs: based on the catalog, I bet they sell bulbs from at least 1/2 a dozen different manufacturers. The bulbs I got from them (Heliolite? Heliosomething...) seem to work quite well for the $11 I paid.
I guess I'm more confident that they would notice a problem and stop selling a product than a local shop or the manufacturer itself.

[This message has been edited by mikesteg (edited 02-28-2000).]

Old 03-02-2000, 03:22 PM
There are some 9007 replacement lights that are using the wrong material for their metal lugs. (made overseas). These lights have been melting sockets in labs. Actually Philips 9007s have been kicked out of Ford for this exact reason. Philips metal does not work with the metal connectors Ford has been using. As for the more powerful lights, I would stick to lights that do not exceed the max power of 70 watts. It becomes more difficult for oncoming traffic to see and angling your lights down just makes it so you are practically using the regular bulbs. For the fog lights Ford has used three diffent light sources, the 899, 9145 and the 9006. The 9145 is a new fog light developed by Sylvania to last longer and be a better product than the 800 series that has been used in the past. It is not a direct replacement for the 800 series of lights but soon it will replace most all of the fog lights and have the same Cool Blue options as other Sylvania lights.

Quick Reply: head light bulbs ??? Which ones to use 9007..