Need reverse backup feed color code!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 02:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need reverse backup feed color code!

Sorry for the probably repeated post but I want to be sure! I recently installed a backup camera in my 06 fx4 and I was wondering if someone could help me find the wire that feeds the reverse backup lights BEFORE it leeves the cab floor grommet. (Im being lazy and dont want to feed the wire all the way back like the video cable!) I followed the black/pink back to the cab entrance grommet but that didnt work! It does not have 12v when in reverse. Im assuming it changes colors before it gets back to the cab (following it backwards from the lights!). I found some threads with a little info and the schematic but I want to be 100% sure. The schematic in this forum shows that it is dark green/yellow before it becomes black/pink which is at the connectors. Is this the one I should be connecting on to? I dont want to splice into another wire (which i allready stupidly did) before i check with the fine folks on the forum!

Thanks in advanced for the help!

Old 05-26-2010, 02:58 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Be sure about what, the old threads are just as good as the new ones, as long as you watch the MY application.

Here is one thread on the topic
https://www.f150online.com/forums/el...onnection.html

The pictures for those threads :

Old 05-26-2010, 03:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks!

Sorry sscolly i thought i had searched every thread but i guess not! So i guess I was right about the dark green/yellow. Next time ill search harder!!
The camera works but id like it to come on in reverse too! Thanks for the direction and help.

Quick Reply: Need reverse backup feed color code!