heated side mirrors not working

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 04:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
heated side mirrors not working

I have a 2000 f150 4.2litre v6

The side mirrors have recently stopped working (heating/defrost). I tried to look in the book for the correct fuse to check. I could not find one in the book that listed the side mirror heater. Does anyone know offhand which bank in the fuse panel it is located on?

I don't want to have to buy new mirrors unless absolutely necessary. i'm hoping it is just a fuse blown.

thanks in advance for any help.

Old 02-03-2010, 06:07 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Are they factory mirrors ?

In the 2001 EVTM, I cannot find anything on heated backlite or heated mirrors.

Old 02-03-2010, 06:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
to the best of my knowledge they are factory mirrors. i bought the truck used with 25,000 on it. i have 142,000 on it now.

the reason i assumed they were heated is that they used to stay unfogged and ice free but this winter they have been fogging up and the ice stays on them after i get the truck running for awhile. the mirrors have the remote adjuster on the drivers side door. i may be mistaken and they are not heated but i assumed they were.

Old 02-03-2010, 07:02 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by frank ingram
to the best of my knowledge they are factory mirrors. i bought the truck used with 25,000 on it. i have 142,000 on it now.

the reason i assumed they were heated is that they used to stay unfogged and ice free but this winter they have been fogging up and the ice stays on them after i get the truck running for awhile. the mirrors have the remote adjuster on the drivers side door. i may be mistaken and they are not heated but i assumed they were.
There would be a little picture of a mirror with wavy lines on it.

Quick Reply: heated side mirrors not working