Driving lights done/working on switch

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 05:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Driving lights done/working on switch

I've had these for a while, but between work and it being cold as ***** outside(don't have a garage either), never get a chance to work on my truck nowadays! Anyway i spent about 3hrs on christmas day since i was off, fighting the cold and i got my driving lights installed. It was not that easy bc the lights were so cheap,(bout $19) guess that's what i get for being cheap...lol Anyway i think they look pretty good...I've been able to get one pic the next day after i put them in and of course i didn't think about taking any pics while i was installing them....

I don't know the technical terms, but i measured 9"s from the opposite sides of the post in the center behind the ford emblem on the grill. I think i could have went an iinch farther on both sides but i've already got everything back together now and am not taking it apart again until absolutely necessary! It took me a while to figure out how to get that whole front grille piece off! Anyhow, i might should have went 10" or 11", but the lights are little so i think i did fine with the distance, it looks good to me.

I don't want my truck to look tacky, I don't kow wear to mount the switch at and i don't really think i'll like having a switch in my truck. I think it would look out of place. I've thought about splicing the wire to the drivers side headlight and the driving lights will just come on when i turn the headlights on, but i think that might might be kinda dumb cause i don't know if i'll wnat them on all the time.

I need help with this what sould i do? Is their somewhere for me to bring the wires into the cab at or do i need ot drill a hole in the firewall? Any help will be appreciated, i'm dieing to be able ot use these!!!

Old 01-05-2010, 08:53 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Take a look to see if you have the fresh air intake on the driver's side.

This was by the brake pedal, it is a rubber flap, about 1.5" in diameter.

My 2001 SuperCrew had one, so I am taking a guess your MY might still be the same. Seem to recall it was around where the edge of the carpet is at, but this could be slightly different, depending on the carpet and if the layout changed with the cab type.

Old 01-05-2010, 10:09 AM
I don't remember seeing this, but i'll check when i absolutely have to go out side to my truck. it's below 20 right now and pouring snow! Cool at first, but this weather is starting to irritate me some!

Old 01-05-2010, 10:20 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I am working from memory, thinking it could be around where the steering wheel shaft exits the cab ??

memory is not what it used to be, then again this was 2002 when I found it ( used it to route the wiring for the PIAA lights when I installed the PIAA airdam )

Old 01-06-2010, 08:20 PM
I got a relay put in, it comes on with the fogs now. I'll post some pics l8r.

Old 01-07-2010, 10:32 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
I got the wires for my lights into the cab through an existing rubber grommet located next to the brake booster ...

Old 01-07-2010, 10:45 PM
These are really bright actually. They're like brights!
I'll have to take one with a real camera, see if they come out better.

When i pull the ligth switch out to turn on fogs, my driving lights come on with the fog lights.

Quick Reply: Driving lights done/working on switch