Compustar & KCAutosound

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 03:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Compustar & KCAutosound

Hey guys, just wanting to give a thumbs up for Travis at KCAutosound and his outstanding customer service... I ordered the Compustar RF-2W900 2-way remote start/alarm kit with bypass and digital tilt sensor. It came with some pretty detailed instructions, wire for wire just about everything was spot on. another guy from the forum, thejake1989 was cool enough to lend a helping hand with the install (he pretty much did it all.. while I stood back watching him tear my truck apart.. lol) thanks again man, prolly couldn't have done it without you.. lol

We ran into a couple snags, but Travis was readily available to answer our calls and troubleshoot a few things. I've got just about everything ironed out, except the PCM-1 module that allows you to use the door keypad, but I'll mess with that later.. most likely an error on our part somewhere.

Anywho, this system is great. Supposedly has a 3000 ft remote range, which is more than I could ever forsee needing. One of the cool things is that you can easily turn up or down the sensitivity on the shock sensor 1-10 on the shock sensor itself, and you can even disable the shock sensor with the keyfob within seconds, in the event it starts thundering or some annoying basshead is near your truck. The codealarm dub1 tilt sensor is pretty cool too, it has 2 sensitivity settings high and low, mines set on high right now, and you can't even barely begin to jack the truck up before the alarm sounds, tires don't even leave the ground.

All in all, this is a pretty solid system for my first remote start & alarm setup. I definately recommend giving Travis at KCAutosound a call the next time you're in the market for a remote start or alarm.. you can't beat his customer service and dedication for what he does.

Last edited by zeruin; 10-14-2009 at 04:53 PM.
Old 10-14-2009, 04:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice man glad you're happy with it. My CA-671 is coming in Friday and I'm installing it Saturday. Travis emailed me the instructions ahead of time--very detailed and seems straightforward enough. Good to know you're satisfied with the unit.

Old 10-14-2009, 04:13 PM
I bought my CA SRT-9000 from him earlier this year in February and he was nothing but helpful and 100% available whenever he was needed to get mine going. Detailed instructions and was available to take the few calls needed to make to make sure it all worked right. I took his recommendation on speaker replacements too and have been pleasantly surprised there as well.

Old 10-14-2009, 04:46 PM
Technical Article Contributor

hey man glad to hear everything is still going well. i was gonna call you soon and check to see how everything was working and if you got the bypass done.

Old 10-14-2009, 05:05 PM
Originally Posted by zeruin
We ran into a couple snags, but Travis was readily available to answer our calls and troubleshoot a few things. I've got just about everything ironed out, except the PCM-1 module that allows you to use the door keypad, but I'll mess with that later.. most likely an error on our part somewhere.
EDIT: I just went through the wiring in the door sill again, and it turns out we did have the PCM-1 module wired incorrectly.. it turns out there are two sets or similar colored wires needed to tap into. There is a pink with yellow stripe and a red with orange stripe that are the correct wires.. problem is there is also a slightly smaller hot pink with yellow stripe and slightly smaller pinkish red with orange stripe in the same place. I swapped them off the latter two and the door keypad is working correctly now.

btw jake, I did get the pats bypass to work, that was prolly the easiest thing to do, just needed that 2nd key.. lol.. things are soo much easier now after watching you do it, removing panels, splicing wires, and etc..

Old 10-14-2009, 06:44 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Ok cool I'm glad to here everything is working fine. I guess if we had a little more time to get a test light but glad to hear it's all fine and I helped you learn something even

Old 10-14-2009, 07:31 PM
Originally Posted by zeruin
Hey guys, just wanting to give a thumbs up for Travis at KCAutosound and his outstanding customer service... I ordered the Compustar RF-2W900 2-way remote start/alarm kit with bypass and digital tilt sensor. It came with some pretty detailed instructions, wire for wire just about everything was spot on. another guy from the forum, thejake1989 was cool enough to lend a helping hand with the install (he pretty much did it all.. while I stood back watching him tear my truck apart.. lol) thanks again man, prolly couldn't have done it without you.. lol

Anywho, this system is great. Supposedly has a 3000 ft remote range, which is more than I could ever forsee needing. One of the cool things is that you can easily turn up or down the sensitivity on the shock sensor 1-10 on the shock sensor itself, and you can even disable the shock sensor with the keyfob within seconds, in the event it starts thundering or some annoying basshead is near your truck. The codealarm dub1 tilt sensor is pretty cool too, it has 2 sensitivity settings high and low, mines set on high right now, and you can't even barely begin to jack the truck up before the alarm sounds, tires don't even leave the ground.

All in all, this is a pretty solid system for my first remote start & alarm setup. I definately recommend giving Travis at KCAutosound a call the next time you're in the mariket for a remote start or alarm.. you can't beat his customer service and dedication for what he does.
i have the same system in my pick up love it just actually hooked up the antenna and the knock sensor after tinting the windshield with a buddy of mine

Quick Reply: Compustar & KCAutosound