daylighter wire length

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 08:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
daylighter wire length

i'm gonna get daylighters. the only way into the cab from the outside is through a hole right near the back of the cab (its a regular cab, and the hole comes up right behind the back seat). so i would need to run the switch wire all the way from the front where the lights are mounted, to the back of the cab, and up to the dash. is the wiring it comes with long enough to do that?

Old 04-30-2009, 10:57 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Take a look again, usually there are ways through the firewall around the steering column, throttle cable or by the brake.

I cannot say for 100% on your MY, but the '01 had a fresh air intake rubber flap that way handy for this.

My '06 I went through by the master cylinder ( existing wire route to the lower right of it ).

Lay on the floor of the cab and look up by the throttle, you might have to pull the carpet back a bit, but usually there is a way through.

If nothing else, find a clear spot on both sides, and drill a hole, and install a rubber plug ( napa / Autozone ) and run the wire through it.

Old 04-30-2009, 12:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If nothing else, find a clear spot on both sides, and drill a hole, and install a rubber plug ( napa / Autozone ) and run the wire through it.
that would be the easiest way, i routed mine through the steering column boot. you can also go through the hole where the wiring for the door goes. also above the throttle cable and steering column, there should be a plastic plate you can remove and run the wires through that

heres through the door boot:

Last edited by aswaff400; 04-30-2009 at 01:03 PM. Reason: add pictures

Quick Reply: daylighter wire length