Installing Lighted & Homelink Visor?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 05:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Installing Lighted & Homelink Visor?

I'm installing visors with lights and homelink into my 06 XLT. I read that the harness is not there on the XLT's, so I will need to run my own power to them up the pillar. My question is, is the OEM installation on a switched or full time lead? Any recommendations on what lead to tap into? I was thinking one of the audio unit leads since I can choose either switched or not. Thanks!

Old 04-02-2009, 09:33 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The connector ( C219 ) for the visor is marked as being in the right side kick panel. This is just about straight up from the Fuel Inertia switch, a little forwards of it actually.

The splice for the left to the right is a S9xx splice, which means it is in the a, b or c pillar above the door trim panel, or in the headliner.

The first place to check, is to take the right side A-pillar trim panel off, and look for a light green w/ orange stripe wire. This is the interior lights section for the visors ( illuminated mirror ). This appears to be the route it takes to the headliner.

If you find this wire in the Passenger side A-pillar, then it is time to look further in the headliner for the connectors to the visor.

My 2001 XLT, these were taped back against a wire harness almost center over the driver's and passenger's door frame ( under the headliner ).
The harness for the interior lights and the compass are in the headliner as well, so you might want to take a look over the harness in that area as well.

If you do not find the wires in the RH A-pillar, then you could just use the power at the overhead console for the interior lamps ( this is the same circuit the EVTM shows for powering the visor via a 2 pin connector ).

This is a Light Green w/ Orange stripe wire for the battery saver relay, and black for the ground.

Those are the 2 options, might want to take the time to look, as the wiring could be there, it is just not going to be hanging right at the visor install point.

Old 04-02-2009, 10:12 AM
Excellent! Thanks for the info. I should have the visors in a couple of days and will be doing the install. Found both visors with lights and homelink on E-bay for $50.

Old 04-12-2009, 02:55 PM
Thanks again for the info. Did the install this morning. I had to tap into the light green/orange wire at the overhead console. The guy I bought the visors from left the plugs with a little wire on them so I was able to just wire the plug up and snap them into the visor. The wire on the plug was also light green/orange, so you were exactly correct on the color. Now I have homelink and lighted vanity mirrors.

Quick Reply: Installing Lighted & Homelink Visor?