93 Odometer

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 10:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
93 Odometer

Hey guys, just bought myself another F-150, this time around as the title sais a 93. The dealer i bought it from said he changed the old instrument panel, with one out of the junkyard, i have the old one. The Instrument panel that is in the truck at the moment is reading close to 250,000 miles. The odometer is a digital LCD one. I seriously doubt it has that many miles because it looks extremely good for being a 93 and it has been a Michigan truck its whole life. Is it possible that the 250,000 mile reading is from the old truck that the gauge cluster came out of? Or dose each truck have its own little ecu that records the mileage reading and all the digital odometer dose is display the miles?

Old 03-21-2009, 01:18 PM
anyone?

Old 03-22-2009, 12:20 PM
Originally Posted by OffRoadinSteve
The dealer i bought it from said he changed the old instrument panel, with one out of the junkyard, i have the old one.
Why did he change it?

Is it possible that the 250,000 mile reading is from the old truck that the gauge cluster came out of?
Yes and very likely.

Or dose each truck have its own little ecu that records the mileage reading and all the digital odometer dose is display the miles?
Yes and it is in a module called the PSOM.

If the PSOM is good in the one out of the truck just swap modules and you will have the right mile reading for the truck.

The PSOM:

/

Quick Reply: 93 Odometer