New Switch help

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 09:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Switch help

Ok so i have seen some people on here that have installed lights in there grill and on there bull bar that sorta stuff and a few have a switch that they put right to the right of the gear shifter on an automatic(mine looks like a retarted change holder) i am wireing up my amp and subwoofers and was wondering if anyone could give me some tips of how hard it is to get up to it to put a switch in and if you would have any tips that would help in the process of doing so... Thanks

Old 03-03-2009, 11:09 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Dirt Easy to get to.

Open the ash tray, and in each lower corner there is a spring clip. Hard to release the 1st time, just pull on each corner, and they will pop out.

There are 3 ( or 4 ) spring clips on each side, up to the top. With the bottom out, start working up the center trim panel, pulling on each side.

Once you get close to the top, be careful how far you pull out, the passenger side airbag light is there, with a connector, with a release tab on it.

This is a flow through, but yours should be the same on the column shift version.

Once you have the center panel out, there are 3 tabs on the back of the coin holder ( where the 4x4 switch is on the 4x4 models )

The wiring harness for the 4x4 switch is in the center part of the coin holder.

This is just the place it is held at, on the 4x2 version. At least this was there on my Lariat.

Reach behind and release the tabs, and the plastic filler will fall out.

Have not seen a switch here, the 12 V power point is the wrong canter ( slant to the dash ) to install on on this side, with the hinge side.
I guess it would be a filler plate to get to installing a switch

Old 03-03-2009, 11:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
strait up dude! i love u pictures were a nice and very well explained now i look forward to taking it out instead of dreading lol

Quick Reply: New Switch help