Couple questions.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 12:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Couple questions.....

1) Can I take my old GEM and have it re-programmed or when it's bad it's bad?

2) If the relay is bad, will it stil do clicking sounds or when no sound it's bad? Asking because I'm trying to decide rather or not I have a bad relay or not. If a relay is bad, will it still push some voltage through or not at all?

3) Can the GEM be tested without taking the car to the delear, as in if I take it out and bring it to them?

4) before taking the GEM in, what are some commong places to look at or clean? Same for the fuse box.

symptoms I'm having and no one has seemed to be able to help out so I'm leaning towards the GEM.

Frist I can not select 4H, I can select 2H and 4L. Replaced the TC motor that is not it. When selecting 4H all I hear is clicking sounds no light nothing happens. Replaced the switch with one that has the 4 positionis and I was able to have the 4H engage and stay on, so it seems as if the gem is not sending enouph current or the relay is not letting the right amound go through. not sure. With a factory replacement (3 position switch) it does the same just clicks.

Second, one day the windows were down and I think I played with the switches for a minuted (up down up down) they got stuck in the down position. got them up using direct power to the motor so they do work. I replaced the switches/buttons on the driver side with some from the salvage yard. all the buttons are lighting up so they are getting power. No relay clicking when you press them in. I doubt the junk yard ones are bad too.

Three I noticed yesterday the cruise controll does not work. I hit a button nothing. On/Off nothing works.

Thoughts?

Quick Reply: Couple questions.....