Please confirm battery size for 08' F150....

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 01:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please confirm battery size for 08' F150....

Okay, so I found this really bad *** battery (made by a high end battery company, but relabled for Sears at a much better price.... I can give you the guys the details on this later, if anyone is interested)

But when I was talking with the Sears guy, he says, "Well, we carry that battery, which is a group 65, but our website says it is only good for an 04-07'.... then, when he punched in 08', it said, "No battery available"......

Well, I'd like to "assume" that the same batteries that will fit an 04-07', will also fit in an 08', but that they just haven't updated their list for 08' yet {this happens all the freaking time with all kinds of 08' F150 parts and accessories}

So, just to confirm, nothing changed with the stock battery compartment between the 04-07's, and the 08's, did it ???

Thank you,
Fish

Old 10-25-2008, 02:47 PM
battery size

It should be the same size. The easy way to check is to measure it. But my question is why would you want to put a SEARS die easy in there in the first place.Just because it is made by a high end company doesnt mean that when it is made for SEARS they dont skimp on it. Things made for the SEARS name are not always the greatest, hence the name die easy. There are a lot of better batteries out there. I would be more concearned with cold cranking amps and reserve capacity and replacement guarantee. I believe in putting the biggest and most heavy duty that will fit in battery tray. JMO though. It is your $$$$

Old 10-25-2008, 03:45 PM
it is the same. group 65

Old 10-25-2008, 07:54 PM
Thanks guys, and hey CVA.....

Okay, here's the scoop....

I was researching batteries, and I found this one:
http://www.odysseyfactory.com/autospecs.html
(last one on this list fits an F150)

I call the Odessey company, and I'm talking to the guy about these batteries. The guy tells me the whole deal about why these batteries are so great, and yada, yada {of course I'd expect this from him... he works for them... but at least one super car stereo guru I know of, swears by Odessey batteries as well}.
So then I ask the guy, "About how much will one of these run me {expecting $175 or so} and he says, "About $300" ! Ouch ! I tell the guy, "Well I'm sure they are great batteries, but pretty much out of my price range right now".
Well, I guess the guy figured, if I wasn't going to buy one with their label, for full price, he might as well tell me about these....... and so he says "Alright, if the color and the label don't matter to you, this battery: http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...37;26+Chargers {except in a group 65} is > our exact battery, with their name on it.<

It's kind of funny that Stinger, another company known for quality auto electrical stuff, also renames this battery, only they charge even more for it ! ....$350.

Anyway yes, I'm well aware that Sears' other batteries are not so great (or at least they have not been in the past) and also, if it were somebody from Sears who told me this, I might be a bit more skeptical....

But either way, even if the Odessey guy lied to me (and again, I see no reason why he would have) Sears gives an awesome 4 year free replacement, 100 month pro rating for these batteries.....

Anyway, this is why.....

Peace,
Fish

PS, The cold cranking amps of this battery are 930. The reserve capacity is 135 minutes. And I believe 'this is' the biggest battery that will fit in our trucks without mods. But if you know of any other batteries with ratings like this, especially in the 'less than $200' price range, I'll definately consider them.

Last edited by Fish Chris; 10-25-2008 at 08:04 PM.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:52 AM
Fish Chris,

Nice work. I believe this is true.
I'd buy one.

Thanks,
-Tung

Old 11-01-2008, 02:08 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Places that OEM stuff for other companies don't necessarily use the same specifications. The guy on the phone might say it is the same battery, but does he know they come off the same production line ?
Tools were the same way for years, Stanley used a big name ( KD or Snap on I think ) but they were made to a different specification then the brand name tool, thus they did not last as long, under similar abuse.
Again it could be they are made on the same exact production line, and are 100% the same battery, but you have no way of knowing ( until there is a problem ).
Find it hard to believe that the same battery Sears has for 189.00 is the same as the 300 one from them. The Stinger route I can believe, 300 for the brand name, 350 for the off name.

Heard the same story for years about Yuasa batteries for Motorcycles, it is the same one that Batteries Plus has.
Only the batteries plus one would last 12 months on track usage, where the Yuasa one would last 18 to 24 months. Same battery for much less.....not really.

Quick Reply: Please confirm battery size for 08' F150....