Reverse lights don't work

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 10:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reverse lights don't work

My reverse lights won't come on. I have checked fuses and bulbs, and all are ok. No other lights are out. Any ideas what I can check? IS there a sensor on the shifter or something? I am outta ideas.

2004 F150 SCREW 4x4

Last edited by Tyler9mm; 09-20-2008 at 11:43 AM.
Old 09-20-2008, 03:35 AM
yes there is a sensor on the tranny...i'm having same problem and watching a thread just above this for other solutions

Old 09-20-2008, 07:17 AM
Received 104 Likes on 97 Posts
It is impossible to offer accurate and complete information unless you completely identify your vehicle. Crystal ball is on the blink.

For a manual transmission vehicle, there is generally a switch on the transmission that closes when the shifter is in reverse.

For automatics for the last 20 years or so, the reverse lamps are switched by a portion of the sensor switch that is mounted to the transmission where the shift cable attaches. In addition to switching the reverse lamps, it also signals the computer what the position of the shift lever is on. It goes by several names including TR sensor, DTR sensor, MLPS, or (older usage - Neutral Safety Switch).

Steve

Old 09-20-2008, 07:45 AM
I'm sure you have but I had a duh moment a couple years back.

Are you absolutely sure that you checked "all" of the fuses in all of the boxes. I had this problem and was chaseing rabbits on it since the labeled fuse wasn't bad. I started yanking all the fuses and found another one that was bad and the problem was fixed immediately.

Just double checking.

Quick Reply: Reverse lights don't work