ford remote start

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 01:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ford remote start

i just got an 05 f150 fx4 screw and i think it has the ford remote start system but i don't have any keyfobs, how do you tell if you have the system installed? any help would be great

Old 08-02-2008, 04:02 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jayjma20
i just got an 05 f150 fx4 screw and i think it has the ford remote start system but i don't have any keyfobs, how do you tell if you have the system installed? any help would be great
Maybe the former owner is going to come back and "borrow" it from you since he apparently has the ability to do that now. I don't have the answer since I've never had remote start but I wouldn't want to buy a vehicle from anyone that wasn't able to produce the original keys and remotes or be truly able to convince me that they were lost somewhere that the finder didn't know what they went to. You should be able to look up under the dash on the left side and see the the systems there that would go with the remote start system.

Old 08-02-2008, 09:35 PM
thanks for the reply, i was told by the dealer that since the keyfobs were not returned they reprogrammed new ones and a new keyless code

Old 08-02-2008, 09:43 PM
sorry i should correct this statement, i do have a new key fob but not the remote start fob, the guy i dealt with at the dealer was an idiot so i don't plan to go back there, maybe another dealer would know

Old 08-03-2008, 04:36 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
sorry i should correct this statement, i do have a new key fob but not the remote start fob, the guy i dealt with at the dealer was an idiot so i don't plan to go back there, maybe another dealer would know
Did you buy this truck from this dealer? That sucks if you spent that much money with them and they're not being helpful. You do realize that the original code is still there, I believe. You can write a new code but you can't remove the factory code. "They didn't return the keyfobs"- sounds like it was a repo or lease return- I wouldn't be comfortable with that. You still should be able to look up under the dash on the left side and tell if it has remote start. If your not familiar enough with what to look for, maybe you have a friend that is a little more savey as to what to look for. Or maybe a mechanic that is friendlier than the other treatment that you got at the dealer. He should be able to tell you in a heartbeat, or maybe an aftermarket alarm shop where they're not that unfriendly. Should only take a few seconds to take a look and tell you if it has it or not. If you bought it from that dealer they certainly owe it you to supply the remote for the remote start if it has it.

Old 08-06-2008, 10:07 AM
Look under the instrument panel, you should see the remote start controller. You should also see a mercury switch under the hood if it's a Ford RMST. If you have one, you can get and program new FOBs, or disable the old signal. The program button is a small black push button.

Transmitter programming:
A. Open the driver’s door (press and hold in brake pedal on Remote Start only system);
NOTE: On vehicles with negative polarity door trigger circuits (Refer to the vehicle specific programming
section), the door is closed during this step unless the door trigger polarity option has been previously changed
to negative.
B. Turn the ignition key to the ON or RUN position;
C. Press and hold the programming/override button;
After 10 seconds the horn will chirp 3 times, indicating the system is now in the transmitter learn mode.
D. Release the programming/override button;
E. Press transmitter button 1( on all, except RMST system which is ) on the on the remote control transmitter to
be programmed.
The horn will chirp one time to indicate that the transmitter has been learned.
Notes:
A. Up to a total of 8 transmitters can be programmed at this time
B. Transmitters shipped with complete kits or personality kits are pre-programmed to the DNA and do not need to be
programmed at this time.
C. If the vehicle is equipped with memory seats/functions, the last two transmitters programmed will activate the memory
seats/functions.
D. All programmed transmitters can be erased from memory by pressing the door trim switch “unlock button”

Quick Reply: ford remote start