Car Audio Battery

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 01:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car Audio Battery

I will be running 2 sundown 1000d amps, and a memphis 3004 amp. I just put up a request for 250 amp alternator information, and now I need some battery information. I think im gonna get a tool box, and put my battery/ies in there. What batteries should I look for, (id prefer to be as inexpensive as possible).

I know thats pretty vague but I really dont know what im doing in terms of what I need. I want it to be able to back up my main battery, which is an interstate mega-tron. Im all about adding switches and what not to my truck, and in the photos provided, he installed voltmeters and ampmeters haha that looks like fun also. Im using this guys install as my reference.

http://www.necevil.com/gallery/index...ollection&id=3

Page 4 and 5 I believe are where he has his battery and electrical install up.

Old 07-13-2008, 10:04 PM
Can't go wrong with Optima Yellowtops!

Old 07-13-2008, 10:13 PM
I have a local wholesale company that can get me 2 Kinetik HC 1400's for 200 a piece. Thats the best price I have found. Thats what I think I am gonna go with. Do yall think I can find a better price?

Old 07-14-2008, 10:14 AM
One thing I have been thinking about doing is a dual battery isolator. It will allow you to run your system and other accessories with your truck off but will only use your secondary battery for the components. Then when the truck is running your altenator will charge both batteries. You can also get a voltage isolator automatically turn your power off once the battery drops below a certain voltage. This will prevent you from damaging all of that expensive nice equipment your going to be running.

Old 07-14-2008, 10:17 AM
Originally Posted by Black Truck 10
I have a local wholesale company that can get me 2 Kinetik HC 1400's for 200 a piece. Thats the best price I have found. Thats what I think I am gonna go with. Do yall think I can find a better price?
Good choice of batteries. They are a good price too. The only thing I could think of is to get on ca.com and you might be able to find some used ones cheaper than that but those are great deals.

Old 07-14-2008, 02:18 PM
Ya, run those Kinetics (can I swing one of the two off you?) then go to a GOOD audio shop and pick up a 200A relay.

Dont run an isolater, because they use heavy duty diodes and those will put a good size voltage drop (approx 1v)to everything behind the iso. This is NOT the best option.

Last edited by Low_e_Red; 07-14-2008 at 02:31 PM.

Quick Reply: Car Audio Battery