Factory fog light help-melted

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 10:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That would be scary going without a warranty on a new truck, But if there not a ford authorized dealer, then they cannot report your warranty as being void.

I know gene Evans ford, where i bought mine at told me that once i added a lift, that they would no longer honor the suspension part of my warranty, which i was not to worried about.

BUT when it comes to the electrical system, that would scare me, because everything on our trucks is controlled one way or another by the electrical side, and who could say next time you have a problem, they say your new problem would be because of something wrong in the electrical system that is causing it.

Thats a Scary situation in its self

Old 02-10-2008, 10:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the dealer I used is an authorized ford dealer/service shop. It was the first time ive used there service and last time as well. Ill use another service shop next time i need work and at the rate ive been going with dealers im just gonna take it to Clarke ford (thats what they were before VW bought them out) and have them do the work, ill have to pay for it but they do good work and are mod friendly
hopefully all they are doing is pulling the warranty on the electrical, but if i go to another dealer it shouldnt matter if they dont have a problem with mods on the truck. Its only a 3 yr warranty anyways and on my ranger it only needed warranty work once and that was for a bad belt.
To make it worse the only mods done to my truck to actually void a warranty in any area is the CAI and the exhaust-nothing else can actually void a warranty

Quick Reply: Factory fog light help-melted