Driving lights on w/high beams.

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 03:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Driving lights on w/high beams.

Anyone remember the thread posted on hooking up your driving lights to stay on w/ your high beams on? All I remember was it told you which terminal on the headlight relay to ground out, so that when you turned on your high beams your driving lights stayed on.

Old 01-14-2008, 04:15 PM
what you would need to do is tap in to the positive going from the headlamp relay to the High beam and then connect this to pin 86 on your bosch relay for your driving lights. as stated in another thread, I will post up a schematic (when i get home from work) that will give you another option of having them on while maintaing the ability of having them come on automatically with the high beams.

Wes

Old 01-14-2008, 04:17 PM
Originally Posted by Joe'sSCAB
Anyone remember the thread posted on hooking up your driving lights to stay on w/ your high beams on? All I remember was it told you which terminal on the headlight relay to ground out, so that when you turned on your high beams your driving lights stayed on.
https://www.f150online.com/tech/foglights.html

Old 01-14-2008, 05:16 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
This digram will show the pin numbers on a standard Auto Relay.

Pin numbers should be similar on others, but I did notice that KC ( think that was it ) has a relay made for their setup that looks like a standard auto relay, but instead of a normally closed contact, it has 2 normally open contacts ( 2 pins that are 87, where std auto relay is 87 & 87A )

For this diagram ( on with parking lamps ), substitute the brown wire to pin 85, with the light green w/ black stripe wire from the bulb connector ( high beam ).

Directions on headlamp housing removal in your owners manual, if you have not found them already.

Good luck with your install

Old 01-14-2008, 07:16 PM
I posted up a schematic in a new thread up above if anyone is interested

Quick Reply: Driving lights on w/high beams.