easy fog light replacement

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 08:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
easy fog light replacement

is there an easy way to upgrade the fog lights, meaning using the same wiring and switch, just replace the stock lights with newer, better ones. My old ones are all scratched/full of water/mold.

Old 11-03-2007, 09:58 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Upgrade using the factory harness, I would say no, if you are talking about using 50 W or higher fog lamps.

If you are talking about just replacing them, I would think a bone yard is a good starting point for getting new housings.

The harness is good for 45 W bulbs, I don't think I would try to drive much higher with the factory setup.

If you can find a setup of lamps that will mount in the same size opening, it is easy enough to use the harness that is with the after market fog lamp set, and just use the lead to one of the factory bulbs to turn the relay for the after market set on & off.

Old 11-11-2007, 03:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scottie:

You could also try Ebay for some factory replacement fog lamps. I replaced my factory fogs with some clear lens, diamond cut fogs from Depo lighting.
I have some pics in my gallery.

Mike

Old 11-11-2007, 03:35 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
A little pricey, but these would probably compliment your headlights nicely: Ebay Link

Andy

Quick Reply: easy fog light replacement