2000 slow window motors

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 12:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 2000 slow window motors

I have a problem with my 2000 F150 XLT windows.

Both windows worked perfectly for years. I have an alpine alarm system installed and it would roll up and down both windows fine.

Both door lock actuators went out of the course of a few years. I replaced them about 6 months ago.

As soon as I replaced both door lock actuators, my windows would not roll up or down fast. They go down normal speed to about 25% open, then slow to a crawl (or stop) until about 75% open and then speed up again.

I have taken both door panels off, loosened all window guide bolts to verify nothing was loose or out of alignment. I replaced the passengerside window motor. I removed the passenger side door lock actuator to see if maybe it was some short.

I have read this thread which didn't help, since I have replaced my motor with a brand new one https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...ghlight=window

I am wondering if anyone has any ideas or things I should check next. Is there a voltage regulator or anything on the doors? Could the driver side motor be bad and cause both windows to malfunction?

Old 10-30-2007, 08:13 PM
Sluggish Windows

I am having the same problem, same
truck 2000 F150XLT, just replaced the actuators,
both windows now sluggish at midpoint, up or down.
Looked inside passenger side and lubricated
the regulator, no improvement.

Old 10-30-2007, 11:27 PM
mine too i have a 01 sc king ranch and they begin to go up or down really fast when they get in the middle they slow down alot. anyone knows why this is.
thanks

Old 10-31-2007, 05:13 AM
I have the same problem on my 97 F-150..........replaced both lock actuators and now the windows are down to a slow crawl...............what a disappointment! Anyone else?

Old 10-31-2007, 04:14 PM
Check the weatherstrip and regulator for lubrication or wear.

Old 11-08-2007, 09:53 PM
any luck?

I have the exact same problem in my 2000 F150 XLT Supercab. It has been doing it since I bought it a few months ago. At the dealer where I got it they replaced both lock actuators so I assume that it started then.
Has anyone had any luck?

Old 11-24-2007, 07:22 PM
Maybe Regulator

I was hoping to find out why my driver side has been getting slow but I see no answers here. I was looking at Auto Zone's web site and they list a window motor and a window regulator for both doors. I also have just gotten this problem after I changed my lock actuators. I also now have no dome light or key in chime when I open the door.

Old 11-24-2007, 09:05 PM
My driver's side is really fast passenger side is ok going down, going up its fast halfway up then slow the rest to closing. Sprayd silicone lubricant down each side of it, and it seemed to help very minorly....

Old 11-24-2007, 10:04 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
I had a problem where mine just quit working once after replacing my door speakers. This probably won't help much . But I could not figure it out.. I finally re-booted the computer and they worked again . Strange problem , I never heard of it ..

Old 01-26-2010, 10:19 AM
I just replaced my electric locks. Same problem as everyone else. I can see the arms that cross twisting and binding halfway up although I see nothing binding on either track. Hope someone knows a solution. How can I reboot the computer.

Old 01-26-2010, 02:16 PM
I just sprayed some wd 40 in both tracks on both doors and everything works perfectly. I had cleaned the windows very well so by removing any lubricant from the glass it appears glass against rubber can bind. The wd 40 did the trick.

Old 02-12-2010, 09:49 PM
2000 xlt I have'nt replaced anything on mine. passenger side fine; driver side go down about 1/4 of the way then slow down or stop I have to keep hitting the down button 3-4 times to get window open; but it go's back up no problem. I'm going to try WD-40 to see if that will help!

Old 02-17-2010, 11:56 PM
i have the same problem '99 f-150 i get frustrated with it so i push it down faster with my hand lol. when it gets a little warmer out im going to take the door apart and clean/lubricated everything including the motor itself. going to see if i can pop it open and clean the brushes. i just resently bought the truck so i dont know if the door actuators were replaced. but if i get to this ill let you guys know if you can clean the inside of the motor. ill hopefully have a camera handy i tend to forget it and get ingolfed in my projects.

im assuming that you can use a white silicon grease with a water base for easy movment. i did this on a manual crank setup and it didnt take so much arm force to move the window up and down.

Quick Reply: 2000 slow window motors