Battery cables...........

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 08:39 PM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Battery cables...........

About 2 years ago I replaced my battery. A couple days after I replaced it my truck wouldnt start and I discovered that my negative cable was loose despite it being tightened all the way down, my positive one was not far behind, it wasnt totally loose but could be turned by hand. In a pinch I cut the clamps off and put some of the replaceable type ones and pretty much forgot about it. Last week I had to take the clamps off to get that plastic POS cover off to check the water in the battery and one of the clamps broke when I apparently overtightened it, so I put another replaceable one on for now. When I took off the old one I noticed the wire was a dirty brown looking color, no corrosion but didnt have that shiny copper look either. Longer story short, I want to change out the cables as I dont believe these replaceable clamps will last too long. I cant find the cables at any auto parts store for this truck. The Ford house want dang near $45 for a new positive and dont even list the negative. Why is this? Is their any kind of cable I can put on there that is readily available, or any better cable ends to make them good as new? Thanks.

Quick Reply: Battery cables...........