Keyless entry pad on door

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 01:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keyless entry pad on door

The '06 and '07 F-150's come with a keycode card for keyless entry pad, and appearntly the drivers door is pre-wired to have the keypad on the door, regardless of if it actually has it. Supposedly you can replace the door handle to get the one with the opening, and install a keypad to have the factory look instead of the stick-on type. Has anyone done this and verified it worked?

Old 10-05-2007, 08:05 PM
If you have a stick on one now then your good to go but if not then mount it and take to the dealer to program the BCM(body control module)

Old 10-06-2007, 10:05 AM
I dont have a stick on one atm. Truck came without any type of keypad on the door, but if I'm correct, they are built with the wiring in the door, and RKE module is programmed with a factory set code. If that theory is corect, I believe I can install the factory drivers door handle and keypad to have the OEM look INSTEAD of the stick on type.

Old 10-09-2007, 10:45 AM

Beuler?

Old 10-10-2007, 11:13 AM
Yes you can buy the handle with the key pad. I just finished mine myself. I had the stick on and didn't like it, handle looks much better. There is several write ups on here, do a search. I had to take mine to the dealer to get it programmed, there is a TSB on that. Print it out and take it to the dealer, cause they probably wont know what you are talking about.

Here is two good ones:

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...keypad+install

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...hlight=mark+lt

Old 10-10-2007, 02:19 PM
I work at the dealer..

And ty for the reply. There's two of us here that want to do it, but were waiting to verify someone doing it and it worked. Thanx again.

btw.. Did you replace the lock cylinder to keep it the same?

Last edited by SproutsDad329; 10-10-2007 at 02:27 PM.
Old 10-10-2007, 03:04 PM
I just moved the lock cylinder from the old one too the new one. It is held in with a c clip. Real easy to change. The whole thing probably only took two hours.

How do you like the 6.5ft box on your SCREW? They did not have that option when I bought mine. Sometimes wish I had a longer bed. But then it wouldn't fit in my garage. Does it make it harder to drive?

Trending Topics

Old 10-10-2007, 03:26 PM
Thanx. I just had my parts guy order me the part # I found in an above reply. Sound slike it will work.

I love the 6ft box. I wouldnt budge on some of the options I wanted, and that was one of them. Sales manager pushed the 5ft because they were all over the place. As far as making it harder to drive, I couldnt say. This is my first full-size, other than a 3500 Chevy I plow with.. (hey, it's not my truck) I will say it's a LOT of truck with 6ft AND crew cab, and was a little intimadating at first. But I've had it for about 6k miles and love it. I have a 400ex that fits in the bed with room to spare all around, and the truck hauls it like it's not even there.

Old 10-11-2007, 10:30 AM
****update****

I ordered this part #6L3Z-1522405-AB, and it DID come as the door handle WITH the keypad alrdy in it. Dont know the exact price but was right around 50 bucks. You have to swap lock cylinder from old handle to new one but apparently it's simple. Gonna do it Saturday. Got my fingers crossed.

Old 10-11-2007, 10:34 PM
Originally Posted by SproutsDad329
****update****

I ordered this part #6L3Z-1522405-AB, and it DID come as the door handle WITH the keypad alrdy in it. Dont know the exact price but was right around 50 bucks. You have to swap lock cylinder from old handle to new one but apparently it's simple. Gonna do it Saturday. Got my fingers crossed.
I did it on my 06, and it worked plug and play. Remember to pop one of the two 1" round rubber plugs (I don't remember which one) out of the side of the door to access the last nut.

Old 10-16-2007, 01:49 PM
Weeeeeee... It worked. Plug an dplay, no programming required. The only thing that was a little tough was the wire loom that goes around the window was little tough to secure. I guess you have to do it after you have the door lock rod attatched, thus having to do it from the inside of the door, and it's tough to get your hand in there. Think it took me an hour and a half from start to finish and it's a great addition.

Old 10-31-2009, 05:49 PM
i just installed the keypad in my 04 scab, which has the wiring but the keys do not light up at all. I read several threads and one said something about a ground needing to be connected but did not get into detail, another said the computer need ed to release the power to it by programming. So any thought guys I would love this feature to work.

Old 11-03-2009, 09:01 AM
I did mine on a 99 Scab and it wasn't bad... Mine worked right away except the lights only work when you hit the first # in the code.

ppopper78 You will love it!!! I was ALWAYS going under the truck to get my spare key because I locked the keys in the truck.... NOT NOW!!!

Last edited by hogger9; 11-03-2009 at 10:04 AM.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:07 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by ppopper78
i just installed the keypad in my 04 scab, which has the wiring but the keys do not light up at all. I read several threads and one said something about a ground needing to be connected but did not get into detail, another said the computer need ed to release the power to it by programming. So any thought guys I would love this feature to work.
I did mine and the dealer had to set the Body Control Module with a program. Also, they found a ground wire that was not connected at the BCM. Cost me $100 but it worked after they programmed it.

Old 11-03-2009, 10:50 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Bluejay
I did mine and the dealer had to set the Body Control Module with a program. Also, they found a ground wire that was not connected at the BCM. Cost me $100 but it worked after they programmed it.
Don't know if you saw the work they were doing, but Ground #G300 is marked as being on the rear left panel. I would think this is on the rear wall of the SCab / SCrew, but not 100% sure on the std cab.
Std cab the BSM/VSM is just under the rear speaker area ( still on the back wall, but closer to the rear c-pillar.

I did not take the rear panel cover off when I had my seat back out, but it looks like it would be to the outside of where the center seatbelt is at ?

Quick Reply: Keyless entry pad on door