General ?s about turn signals, parking and back up lights

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 04:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
General ?s about turn signals, parking and back up lights

Hopefully this is pretty easy. With all the mods like clear corners, silver turn signals, tail light covers, etc... I want to know if there are any legal restrictions on different colors, etc...

I'm sure it varies from state to state, but if I was to get creative, do I have any restrictions on using certain colors. Like if I wanted to change my turn signals from yellow to blue, can I do that and still be OK without breaking any traffic violations? I would assume breaklights always need to be red, but can I change my back up light colors from white to something different? I've been kicking around a few ideas and want to know what my limits are in regards to fog lights, turn signals, break lights and back-up lights, essentially can I swap out the OEM colors for different ones?

Hopefully this makes sense, any info is appreciated...

Old 10-04-2007, 02:23 PM
Bump

Old 10-04-2007, 02:34 PM
Every state has different codes for vehicle lighting. I have the chrome turn signal bulbs that still light amber, and blue reverse lights, which are illegal in PA but since I don't drive backwards i'm not too concerned. Pics of the bulbs apperance in gallery.

Quick Reply: General ?s about turn signals, parking and back up lights