Strange things with my radio

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 04:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Strange things with my radio

As I started to drive home from work today in my 2002 F-150 Supercrew my radio cut out (no power at all.) When I got home I put the truck in park and then the radio came back on. I started shifting it from park to other gears and the radio will only work when the tranny is in park or neutral, not in any other gears (auto tranny.) There is also a clicking noise from under the dash every few seconds and the only other thing is the 4x4 light on the dash flashes when the radio cut in or out when I change gears. Has anyone else every heard of anything like this? It is very strange and annoying!

Old 09-25-2007, 05:37 PM
Definately sounds like a short somewhere but is the column shift lever a cable controlled or solenoid? sounds to be cable and maybe its pushing on something in drive gears and when put in park it doesnt touch whatever the grounding wire is?

Old 09-25-2007, 08:18 PM
The problems are getting worse already. Now my HVAC blower STARTS running when I turn the truck off and remove the keys. I called my local Ford dealer and they said they have never heard of these types of problems. They don't suspect a wire, but probably something with a relay. I am taking it there after work tomorrow, hopefully it doesn't take much to fix.

Quick Reply: Strange things with my radio