Need some additional help with cruise control....

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 01:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need some additional help with cruise control....

I have a 2003 Lightning. For some reason my cruise control has stopped working. I have also had the recall done just to get that out of the way of my problem. I did the self test for the cruise control and it all seems to be working just fine. The cruise light flashes after each button and I can hear the relay click for the servo imediatly following the last button I press. It all seems to be working fine but when I am driving and go to use it, I turn the cruise on and then hit the set button. The light comes on and stays on until I turn it off or until I hit the breaks. One thing that I did notice when I was looking at it last night is that the cable have about one inch of play in it. Where it connects to the throttle body the cable actually sticks out past the linkage... Is there supposed to be play in this cable? I know the cable is not broke or kinked.. I just have no idea as to where to go from here....

Thanks, Josh

Old 09-05-2007, 09:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I figured it out. It was the servo..... Took it apart and now its fixed!!! Took the L out for a test drive and everything works like its supposed to...

Josh

Quick Reply: Need some additional help with cruise control....