Crazy Headlights..Need Help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 09:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crazy Headlights..Need Help!

I have an 03 Lariat Supercrew 4x4 that has a mind of it's own when it comes to the headlights. The truck has the autolight feature which I rarely use (can't utilize fog lights in this mode). Recently the autolights have started activating even though the light switch is in the OFF position and not to the left in the autolight position. I can't seem to get them to turn off and reset to a normal operating mode (manually controlling the lights). This will go on for a couple of nights and then BAM..they start working normally again and I have complete control over the lights. I'm thinking maybe the switch is going bad or the light sensor in the dash is going bad. I can cover the sensor in the dash (while in my garage) and the lights will come on, however at night I've tried hitting the sensor with 1M CANDLE WATT spot light and it has no affect, the lights stay on. Is there a way to disconnect the autolight feature, it's really annoying when I'm in a situation where the headlights are a distraction, but parking lights would be good!!! I can hear what sounds to be a relay under the dash (near the sensor) activating or de-activating when the truck is turned off and the lights turn off after the 20 sec. delay (ignition turned off). Can I disconnect the relay under the top of the dash (passenger side)? Any help would be great!!!

Quick Reply: Crazy Headlights..Need Help!