Shave Door Handel Kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 02:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shave Door Handel Kit

So I accenditly posted this in the "street scene" section and realized that that probibly was not the best place for this post, so I tried to delete it with no avail, Mabey you guys could shed some light on this for me. If I should post this in another section of the forum please let me know. Thanks.
I am having trouble wiring up my door popper kit. It came with a wiring diagram, but it really it makes no sense whatsoever. The diagram is pretty much thrown in there for a sales point I think. The instalation is for 2 doors, 1 passanger and 1 drivers side on a 2002 F-150 XL, V6 4.2 liter. The kit came with 3 relays which I reall have no Idea where they go, a brain, which I believe is the reciver for the remote, and all the necessary hardware. The instructions were great for the hardware instalation, but this electrical diagram is really making no sense to me at all. Any info regaurding this little issue is greatly appreaciated. Thanks in advance guys.

Old 07-19-2007, 02:18 PM
Wow you guys are a fountain of great information..... :shifty:
LOL! Just kidding, lotsa views but no responses, its all good, nothing is better than the wrong info!

Old 07-19-2007, 08:51 PM
Well, from what we all can see of the wiring diagram, it looks simple.

and about now, I hope you're figuring our that without any idea of wtf you're asking, it's a little difficult for us to offer a response to your issue.

Wiring a door pop with three relays is relatively simple, for those who have the ability to read a wiring diagram. The knowledge required (and that you apparently are missing) is how to interface the kit with the existing wiring; since you don't know how to do it, I would suggest contacting the leading car stereo/alarm installer in your area and asking them to do it. If you can't do it, you'll have to pay someone who can.

By the way, "Handel" was generally known as one of the greatest composers of all time; a "handle" is what's on your door. Another generally accepted principle is that posts with proper spelling and grammar will be answered much sooner and more efficiently than posts that require translation.

Old 07-20-2007, 01:21 PM
Thanks For The Great Insite......

Originally Posted by OnBelay
Well, from what we all can see of the wiring diagram, it looks simple.

and about now, I hope you're figuring our that without any idea of wtf you're asking, it's a little difficult for us to offer a response to your issue.

Wiring a door pop with three relays is relatively simple, for those who have the ability to read a wiring diagram. The knowledge required (and that you apparently are missing) is how to interface the kit with the existing wiring; since you don't know how to do it, I would suggest contacting the leading car stereo/alarm installer in your area and asking them to do it. If you can't do it, you'll have to pay someone who can.

By the way, "Handel" was generally known as one of the greatest composers of all time; a "handle" is what's on your door. Another generally accepted principle is that posts with proper spelling and grammar will be answered much sooner and more efficiently than posts that require translation.
WTF, why are you being such a jaded POS??? All I do is ask a simple question and you come flying off the HANDLE????? Great way to treat new members of the forum guy... See the problem I am having is there is no "existing" wiring to go off of, the truck is manual everything, so how exactly do you expect me do tap into exising wiring that does not exist? Brilliant.... Also, is posting questions on how to do stuff not what these forums are for? What is the point of building somthing yourself if you cant figure it out? I thought this place would be a good tool for myself, but I guess I was mistaken. I just hope it is not filled with people like yourself who think they are too cool for school, and instead of helping a new member, all you do is **** all over them! Way to go guy! And as far as spelling goes, who cares it is the intenet!!!!!! Thes question is, did you dor did you not know exactly what I was inquiring about? From your lousy response it is quite apparent that you knew exactly what I was asking about, but chose to harrass me instaed of help.

Old 07-20-2007, 01:37 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
maybe you can scan the instructions and someone can interpret them better for you.

Old 07-20-2007, 01:51 PM
Here is the PDF
http://files.thehoffmangroup.com/ins...VPRO_KL800.pdf

Thanks for showing intrest bro. I think I may have it nailed diwn at this point, but as far as im concerned you can never have to much info going into a project that you have not attempted before! And the best tools you can have are other peoples onpinions and personal experiance. In my opinion this is what makes the custom auto world so much fun!

Old 07-20-2007, 04:47 PM
Originally Posted by louie dog
Find a place to mount the brain and three relays under the dash, and fairly close together. Somewhere they will be away from having anything spilled or dropped on them, and where they can be mounted to a solid surface where they can't be disturbed, like high on the firewall behind the dash.
You have three relays for a reason; one for each door and one for "safety", which will allow you to pop the door by using a valet (hidden) switch instead of the remote.
  1. Hook the red wire to a "always hot" source of current. Make sure you have it fused with a 2A fuse, just like the instructions show. The fuse should be within 18 inches of the power source.If not the battery, possibly the main ignition power wire in the steering column
  2. Hook the black wire to post 87a of the third (safety) relay and also to a good, clean ground
  3. Hook the yellow wire to both a switched power source (key on/off, just like a yellow wire on your stereo) and ALSO to post 86 on the third (safety) relay
  4. Hook the "always hot" wire to posts 85 and 30 on your first two relays
  5. Hook blue/white wire to the driver's door relay, post 86
  6. Hook green/white wire to the passenger's door relay, Post 86
  7. If you want your park lights to flash when you open a door, you will need a fourth relay. Otherwise, clip off the orange wire, and seal it off with tape just like any other wire that is going to be unused
  8. If you do not have an alarm system with a starter kill, also clip off and seal off the gray wire.
  9. Run a wire from post 87 of both door relays to the individual door opener solenoids. This is the wire that will "fire" the door poppers

See how easy it is when you give us something to work with?

By the way, you ain't seen "Flying off the handle"...although your attempt to spell the word correctly was appreciated. All I'm gonna say is: It would still be easier to help you if you were to at least make an attempt at spelling...

Last edited by OnBelay; 07-20-2007 at 04:50 PM.
Old 07-20-2007, 06:14 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
Another great place to pic up an always hot source besides the battery is the main relays for the vehicle located on the firewall just behind the battery.

Old 07-22-2007, 11:27 PM
By the way, FNG...by not responding, you've shown us all how valuable you are to us.

You're welcome for the help.

Case Closed.

Quick Reply: Shave Door Handel Kit