Huge Problem!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 05:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Huge Problem!!!!

I live in Las Vegas and last wednesday hit over 115 degrees. My wife was driving home when the truck decided to just shut down. When I showed up the first thing that I thought of was a fuse possibly blew and I just needed to replace it. I located the blown fuse (#102, ignition switch feed)and replaced it. As soon as I turned the key to the start/run position the fuse blew again. I was on the freeway for over 3.5 hours looknig for a grounded wire until the tow truck pulled up. I called a mobile mechanic and I thought that it was possibly the ignition switch that needed to be replaced. When we pulled off the fuse box we noticed a bunch of T-taps in the ingition plug going to the fuse box. We tested many different wires, fuses and relays. But after about 8 hours in the heat trying to locate the short the mechanic bypassed the red with blue stipe and connected it directly to the fuse box, the fuse blew again. He seems to think the fuse box may have a bad ground/short in it. I really dont want to spend $300 if I don't have to by buying a new fuse box (dealer only item). Any ideas?????

Old 07-11-2007, 06:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry. The year might be helpful. 2004 F-150 4x4 S-Crew 5.4 L Triton.

Quick Reply: Huge Problem!!!!