Stopped 2006 F150 ODOMETER

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 11:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Stopped 2006 F150 ODOMETER

Can anyone help me onthis issue. My odometer stopped on my 2006 F150, yesterday, it was a blown fuse (which is located on the passenger side of the vehicle by your feet) FUSE #21 (15 AMP FUSE), WILL LEAVING THIS BLOWN FUSE UNPLUGGED CAUSE A PROBLEM (DAMAGE TO ANYTHIGN IN MY VEHICLE)? THE ONLY THING WITH IT NOT WORKING IS THAT THE MILEAGE DOES NOT ADD UP ON THE ODOMETER, NO RADIO, NO INTERIOR LIGHTS, NO POWER WINDOWS.

WHAT ELSE DOES FUSE#21 CONTROL? INTERNAL WISE (ALTERNATOR ETC...)?

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!

Old 04-02-2007, 11:40 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Isn't the truck still under warranty? Any Ford/L/M dealer will fix it free.

Old 04-02-2007, 11:43 AM
Stopped 2006 F150 ODOMETER

yES, BUT THE MILEAGE IS NOT RECORDING, i DO NOT WANT TO GET IN TROUBLE FOR NOT HAVING IT WORKING FOR OVER THE DAY YESTERDAY, I PUT ON ALMOST 500 MILES YESTERDAY FOR WORK. WHAT DO I DO?

Old 04-02-2007, 12:37 PM
Originally Posted by fdn_ford_83
Can anyone help me onthis issue. My odometer stopped on my 2006 F150, yesterday, it was a blown fuse (which is located on the passenger side of the vehicle by your feet) FUSE #21 (15 AMP FUSE), WILL LEAVING THIS BLOWN FUSE UNPLUGGED CAUSE A PROBLEM (DAMAGE TO ANYTHIGN IN MY VEHICLE)? THE ONLY THING WITH IT NOT WORKING IS THAT THE MILEAGE DOES NOT ADD UP ON THE ODOMETER, NO RADIO, NO INTERIOR LIGHTS, NO POWER WINDOWS.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!
i think what he is tryin to get at without saying it is he doesnt really want to fix it, if he can get away with it lolol
low miles ehhhhhh

Old 04-02-2007, 12:39 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!
Just to let you know, your thread in GD covering the exact subject was deleted as multiposting is frowned upon.

Old 04-02-2007, 01:23 PM
Technical Article Contributor

yES, BUT THE MILEAGE IS NOT RECORDING, ..<snip>..
The mileage is not recording, or do you mean to say the mileage is not displaying ?
The Digital ODO is just for you to look at, the truck is still recording millage, you just cannot see it.

..<snip>..i DO NOT WANT TO GET IN TROUBLE FOR NOT HAVING IT WORKING FOR OVER THE DAY YESTERDAY, I PUT ON ALMOST 500 MILES YESTERDAY FOR WORK. WHAT DO I DO?
Sorry, but I have to be the dumb one by asking :
Is there a reason you have not replaced the fuse yet ?

What do you do ? Try replacing the fuse maybe ?? If it blows again, what are your abilities for working on electrical & mechanical items ?

Last edited by SSCULLY; 04-02-2007 at 01:29 PM.
Old 04-03-2007, 07:43 AM
Smile Odometer

So can anyone answer the original question, will not replacing the fuse, harm anythign else in the vehicle? Yes, it is great not to rack up the mileage, but what is (if any) harm to the vehicle with not replacing the fuse? (I live in the Upper Penninsula) of michigan and the nearest auto parts/ hardware store is about 65 miles away.

Old 04-03-2007, 08:51 AM
.......but what is (if any) harm to the vehicle with not replacing the fuse?........
You are doing more harm to you and the person you sell the truck to as you are lying about the mileage = fraud!

I think it is sad that you needed to post this question as it shows your true colors. Just replace the damn fuse and be an honest person, not a scammer.

Old 04-03-2007, 08:20 PM
Your truck came with spare fuses, and you can buy more at a grocery store.

Old 04-04-2007, 12:14 PM
I am not a mechanic but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!!

All kidding aside, this guy is flat out shady. I AM NOT very mechanically inclined but I can replace a darn fuse! Karma has a way of dealing with characters like this.

Old 04-05-2007, 12:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
seriously, not letting the odometer display the true mileage is a highly unethical thing to do, not to mention the fact that tampering with the odometer is a serious offense if you get caught! and if you don't get caught, that does not make it right! just replace the damn fuse and be done with it!

Old 04-05-2007, 12:35 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Seems to be some confusion here

The Odometer display is for humans only. With it not displaying, the actual miles are being still recorded by the HEC ( where the millage is tracked at )

Without the HEC operational, the truck would not start ( that is where PATS is located ).

He might think he is getting away with something, but he is not.

Ford F-150s have been this way since 1999 ( intro of PATS, Digital Odometer and the HEC ).

Old 04-05-2007, 01:48 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've got to agree with SSCULLY here. If you think you're not running up the miles on your truck because this fuse is out / blown, you're wrong. In the good old days, you could (illegally) "not run up the mileage" on many vehicles by simply unplugging the speedometer cable. In those days, the mechanical odometer was the only thing recording your mileage. In our trucks, the LCD odometer readout is simply displaying a number that is stored elsewhere in the vehicle's computer. If you disconnect that computer, your truck won't run up any miles - because it won't run.

Old 04-05-2007, 01:50 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Oh yea, and if you remove the fuse from your Caps Lock, YOU START TO TYPE LIKE THIS.

Old 04-05-2007, 02:44 PM
Question Test of the odometer

Whent he fuse is taken out the odometer does not rack up, when put back in the odometer is the same as it was before you took it out. Even after the truck has been driven 100miles no mileage change. So where exactally does the mileage record at. I mean it must be right at the odometer in the instrument panel. Other wise wouldn't the brain update the odometer once the fuse is replace? explainthis to me?!

Quick Reply: Stopped 2006 F150 ODOMETER