HID kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 12:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HID kit

As i was reading some threads i noticed a few people saying that vehicles with HID have a specific headlight due to the scattering of the light. Would it not be wise to put a HID kit on a 97 f150? is there a certain aftermarket headlight i should buy to correct this problem?

Old 02-02-2007, 01:19 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What you want to avoid is simply replacing your current 9007 Halogen bulbs with HID bulbs. That's where all of the problems come from. Your current headlight housing / reflector / lens is simply not designed for that type of bulb.

If you replace your headlight system with something like the Sylvania Xenarc system - which replaces the whole housing, lens and bulb you - and everybody coming the other way - will be much happier. The Xenarc system is designed as a complete system. That's why it works. Of course they no longer offer that system ...

Old 02-02-2007, 02:25 PM
Originally Posted by 2stroked
What you want to avoid is simply replacing your current 9007 Halogen bulbs with HID bulbs. That's where all of the problems come from. Your current headlight housing / reflector / lens is simply not designed for that type of bulb.

If you replace your headlight system with something like the Sylvania Xenarc system - which replaces the whole housing, lens and bulb you - and everybody coming the other way - will be much happier. The Xenarc system is designed as a complete system. That's why it works. Of course they no longer offer that system ...
So are you saying there are no other kits or is that one just an example?

Old 03-16-2007, 09:12 PM
just following up,

if you do put a HID kit int eh stock housing, its fine. beam pattern remains the same. Trust me, I've tried the projector [h3 hid], HID 9007 in the clear housing and all of them ruin the beam pattern, but not the OEM housing. I just don't like the composite housign look.

Quick Reply: HID kit