Need Help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 09:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Help!

I have two problems with my truck. The first is that the signal lights won't work . By that I mean I need to hold the stalk in order for them to blink. If I try it the regular way the you can hear it blinking fast but no light shows on the dash. On old Mustangs there used to be a switch around the steering column that connected to the stalk do these vehicles have them? If so what do they cost to replace? Any suggestions?
Problem #2 is that the blower fan only works at the high speed setting. Is the blower motor shot or is there something else to be check and/or replaced?
Any idea what that would cost?
Thanks for the help!

Old 01-10-2007, 09:39 PM
You will need to get a new MFS (Multifunction Switch) and I believe they are around 60 bucks, I can't help you with your other problem.

Old 01-10-2007, 10:01 PM
Blower motor resistor is your most likely culprit. Located on the fire wall or on the heater box.

Old 01-10-2007, 10:41 PM
Thanks for the quick responses! I'll get them checked out.

Old 01-10-2007, 11:29 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
While the MFS ( multi function switch ) does sound like it has a problem, you might want to try testing it prior to replacing it. Also, it could be a worn / corroded pin on the connector to the MFS causing the problem, that replacing it won't fix.

Here is the test procedure for the MFS.

This is a thread showing what the MFS looks like once removed from the steering wheel column.
https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...hlight=anatomy

For the Blower motor, if you have a Manual system this would be a case of 2 of the blower motor resistors are shot ( not uncommon ). If it is an EATC, then it is a speed controller ( more steps in the EATC vs. the manual ).

Here is a thread on the topic of the blower motor resistor change out, if it is a manual system :
https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...light=resistor

Let us know if the HVAC system is a manual ( XL to XLT trim ) or EATC ( Lariat ). This info should either be in the first post of the thread, or please complete your profile with the information.