Remote Starter

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 07:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Remote Starter

My Vehicle: 2003 F-150 FX4 5.4L
Ok guys I have a question for you all. I bought a DEI Python Remote Starter (1400XP) from circuit city. Here is a link to it: http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Pytho...oductDetail.do
Ok this is what im going back and forth with. The unit has the ability to replace the factor keyless entry that I get with ford. I keep trying to decide if I should have do that or carry two remotes. Here is my thinking but it might be flawed—If you lose or break (or something else) one of these remotes that come with my starter I don’t know if you will be able to always find one in the future. I’m sure you will always be able to find one of the ford factory remotes and off of ebay they are CHEAP . Those of you who have remote starters do you usually used the keyless entry on them? It would be nice to only have one remote but I don’t want to sacrifice anything for that? What do you guys think?

On a side note…does anyone have this starter that im getting. Have you been happy with it?

Thanks,
ncage

Old 12-09-2006, 10:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IMNSHO. DEI makes the best stuff out there except for Astroflex, and DEI now owns Astroflex, so I think you'll be happy.

Replacement key fobs are available for aftermarket alarms and starters, so you'd have no more trouble replacing one for the remote start as you would a factory key fob.

With this said, why bother carrying two key fobs?

Additionally, your factory fob should still operate the factory keyless entry, so just put the factory fobs away for the rare occasion you want access to the vehicle without leaving a key...

Old 12-09-2006, 11:12 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I used the #3!! out of the RKE on my old Bulldog remote starter on my '94 CV, but it was cheap & hasn't lasted. The identical ones I put on my mother's '92 MGM, my brother-in-law's Bronco, & another car are still working fine, though.

Quick Reply: Remote Starter