Blinker question

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 05:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blinker question

I've read some blinker threads on here, but Im not sure my problem fits in. My blinker works - as long as i dont step on the brake. If I step on the brake, the turn signal will get stuck in the illuminated position. Has anyone else experienced a similar problem? I suspect it might be the flasher unit. Does this sound right, and if so, where is it located? Thanks for your help.

Old 11-13-2006, 06:02 PM
Have you checked the fluid?

Sorry, couldnt resist

Old 11-13-2006, 07:07 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Can you complete your profile, or provide the year and trim level with the post. That would help to get things started.

As for post ***** akheloce, ignore him.

I guess he is just trying to run up his tracked post count. Why some feel the need to do this is beyond me.

Don't know if you already read this ( or if it even applies to your MY ) thread :

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=259046

Joe gives some of the good test points for a faulty BOO switch.

Old 11-13-2006, 07:17 PM
I would recommend replacing the rear bulbs.

Old 11-13-2006, 11:06 PM
Sorry I forgot to include some more specifics (I thought about it as i braked and my blinker stopped working). It's a 2001 6 cylinder. I checked the problem once again tonight and the problem seems slightly different. All the lights still work as normal as long as the brake pedal isn't depressed. I checked the fourways and they do work with the brake pedal depressed. Interestingly, after pushing the hazard switch a few times, the turn signal would operate with the brake depressed. I read in one thread that there can be a problem with the hazard switch contacts, and that pressing the switch can clear them. Thanks again.

Old 11-14-2006, 10:51 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Maybe taking out the 4 Way and cleaning the contacts ??

I am assuming from the post, that the problem is not happening now ?

Old 11-14-2006, 12:29 PM
Originally Posted by SSCULLY
As for post ***** akheloce, ignore him.

I guess he is just trying to run up his tracked post count. Why some feel the need to do this is beyond me.

Since I cannot PM you (where these kind of conversations belong), since I have not been enough of a post ***** to merit the priveledge, I will have to post this here. If you look at my posts, with the exception of the "general discussion" forum, you will find that my posts have been genuine advice to things that I know the answer to. I have received much advice by reading posts from those that know more than I do about certain aspects of maintenance on the F-150. Including you, SSCULLY, with your knowledge of truck electrical systems. I have attempted to pass along my knowledge in other areas to make this forum sytsem work. I am sorry that my attempt at humor has offended you, however I wish that you would research my history of giving the best advice I can when possible before you flame me for making ONE joke outside the general discussion forum. Thanks.

I apologize jschu121, for wasting your time by reading my post.

Old 11-16-2006, 10:26 AM
Thanks for your help SSCully. I looked at your suggestion for diagnosing a bad BOO switch. As it turns out, that one day of functionality was an oddity - its back to the same old hijinks. While I'm not blowing any fuses, I think it might be the brake sensor or the flasher (considering the problem only occurs when you depress the brake). I was thinking of just replacing both (one at a time) to see which one is faulty. Do you know where the flasher relay or unit is? Thanks again.

Oh, no problem Ak.

Quick Reply: Blinker question