air bag problem from garage

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 01:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry air bag problem from garage

Hi,I went to the garage yesterday for my winter tire and to change my oil.While I was waiting the garage without telling me put one machine on my battery to check if my battery was ok,well went I went back in the garage I saw smoke coming out of my battery the truck was not starting anymore,the light came on for the air bag with a code 52(wich is the clock spring) and this part was a new one from last year.

I ask the mecanick what it was doing and he said this test was for to know if my battery was ok,and I said everything was fine when I came in I just came for winter tire and oil.

Now the truck does not start,the light for the air bag is on.They boost my truck and they told me d"ont worry the battery is going to charge while I am drivinf and the ligjht will come off for the air bag.
I came home stop the truck and he did not start,when he put his $%^&* machine on battery (he said he put it 10 seconde)the battery was dead .

I went back to the garage today to tell him that my light for air bag was still on,and he told me is not because of his @#$$%^ test,well I come before I drive my truck in the garage everything is ok and after his #$%^ test with his#$$%%^^ machine eveything goig bad with my truck.
i AM SURE HIS TEST DID SOMETHING ON MY ELECTRINIC SYSTEM,HE MAY HAD COLLECT THE POSIVE ON THE NEGATIVE,AND THE NEGATIVE ON THE POSITIVE.
WHAT DO YOU THINK,i WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF SOMEONE HAD THIS PROBLEM BEFOE

Ford F-150 97 v6 4x4
Thank You

Last edited by Terminateur; 11-12-2006 at 09:03 AM.
Old 11-12-2006, 11:55 AM
Sounds like the garage shorted the battery terminals together. I would say they screwed up your truck and they need to replace the battery then they also need to pay to have the electrical system diagnosed by someone else.

Old 11-14-2006, 01:03 AM
Yea, there are not many electrical devices that can be abused until they smoke and still expect them to be ok. Did you actually see the battery itself smoking? That is amazing!

I think you ought to go back and ask the guy to be man enough to correct his mistake. At the VERY LEAST he owes you a battery.

Quick Reply: air bag problem from garage