04 cruise problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 06:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 cruise problem

Maybe someone can help. I live in Michigan, and drive 40 miles each way to work. Two days ago, my cruise went off on my way to work. I switched it back on, and it stayed for a couple seconds and went off again, and after that, it would do nothing.

Tried it on the way home again, and nothing. Next morning, left my house and hit the cruise, and it worked all the way to work. After work, cruise doesn't work all the way home again. Now this morning, left house, hit cruise and it worked all the way to work.

Its been cold in the morning, in the 30's, but not that much warmer after work, in the 50's. Not sure that has anything to do with anything, just mentioning it because I have no idea what is going on...

Anyone had a problem like this, or have an idea what may be happening?

Thanks for any replys

Old 11-02-2006, 09:24 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This happened to a friend of mine recently with an 04. Turned out the parking brake wasn't releasing all the way so the cruise wouldn't engage. Next time it won't work try reaching down and pulling up on the parking brake pedal and see if it will come on. Did the trick on his so he lubed the release mechanism under the dash and no more problem. Hope this helps.

Old 11-02-2006, 04:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks SAJ, but thats not it...

I checked to make sure, but on the way home today, it worked right after I got on the highway, but after I had to use the brakes and shut it off and tried to resume, it wouldn't work the rest of the way home.

Quick Reply: 04 cruise problem