POS 03 SuperCrew now has Electrical Prob.

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 04:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
POS 03 SuperCrew now has Electrical Prob.

I have always driven Ford truck due to the reliability that I have had in the past. I always sold them with upwards of 200k miles on them with good service. I finally bought a brand new 2003 f150 SuperCrew in Feb 03. It now has 47k miles and it has had the roof repainted, 3 door speakers replaced, the rear window seal replaced, door seals replaced twice. All of which was under the original warrenty. Now the windshield is leaking and the dealer has put a new fuse box, GEM module and resealed the windshield to the tune of $600. I picked the truck up 4 days after droping it off and the electrical system went nuts the very next day. Lights flashing things wouldnt turn off and wipers wouldnt work. It even killed the battery. I called dealer and they had it picked up at their expense. 3 More days I get a call that its fixed. They found another windshield leak. I picked it up and before I got home it freaked out again. It is now at the dealer and has been there a total of 13 days and they dont know whats wrong with it. I have read posts on here about the windshield leak and electrical short and wanted to know if any one has been able to get Ford to pony up for the repairs. It seems like a lot of trouble for no older than the truck is. I am ready to get rid of this POS and get something else. It doesnt say much for Quality is Job #1 , This is the first New truck I ever bought. All of the others have been used. I have loved the truck until I started to have so much trouble with it. I have had it with this thing. Sorry for the Rant but this has really got me mad.

Old 11-02-2006, 10:06 AM
Hey, it's only a vehicle. If you don't like it, sell it and get something else. Life's too short to hate what you drive.

SL

Old 11-04-2006, 06:42 PM
I have always driven Ford trucks with great results. My Last one had 189K miles with no porblems. Thats why I bought another one. So today I traded it in on a new F150 Supercrew with the 6 1/2' bed. I will give this one a try if its not any better than the last one I will try another brand. I really like the new one, I hope it works out.

Quick Reply: POS 03 SuperCrew now has Electrical Prob.