Compass and outside temperature sensor

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 09:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Compass and outside temperature sensor

I have an '06 Scab STX that did not come with the compass or outside temperature sensor. I found these items in a wrecked '04 Scab, so I got them. The temperature sensor was easy, just removed the blank plug and installed the sensor.
The compass was a simple matter of removing the pillar cover, snapping the unit onto the mirror and routing the cable. However, when I got underneath the dash, I pulled what I thought was the connection for the compass off the wall. It was in nearly the same location as on the '04, but the connector was a different size. Was there a change in the harness' in the 2 year span or am I not looking in the right place?
Will I have to get the cluster reprogrammed, since it didn't come with these items?

Old 11-26-2006, 09:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dzpchr234
I have an '06 Scab STX that did not come with the compass or outside temperature sensor. I found these items in a wrecked '04 Scab, so I got them. The temperature sensor was easy, just removed the blank plug and installed the sensor.
The compass was a simple matter of removing the pillar cover, snapping the unit onto the mirror and routing the cable. However, when I got underneath the dash, I pulled what I thought was the connection for the compass off the wall. It was in nearly the same location as on the '04, but the connector was a different size. Was there a change in the harness' in the 2 year span or am I not looking in the right place?
Will I have to get the cluster reprogrammed, since it didn't come with these items?
I have the same problem, and ford cannot help me with a part number for this harness, i have same truck, but no answers yet, has anyone else got the solution for the compass wiring that is not already there?
JimmyJam,
06 STX
full power
fx4 seats
lariat cluster
bed extndr
custom stereo
Center console swap
lariat ac vents
dvd/ monitor/ mirror
billet grill
Scab

Old 11-27-2006, 01:44 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
You are installing it in a STX, but what did you take it out of ( trim level wise ).

Quick Reply: Compass and outside temperature sensor