Odometer stopped working

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 08:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Odometer stopped working

Hi guys:

A couple of months ago my horn got stuck while parked at the house and blew out the horn and cruise control. I got this fixed (horn sound now sucks... ) but the odometer stopped turning. I have searched in the forums but I believe the fix described here is for digital odometers and mine is analog/mechanical. The dealer wanted $500 to replace the gauge template /wiring.

Do any of you have had the same problem or know how to go about fixing it?? My truck is a 1997 F 150 4x4 Ext Cab 4.6l

Cheers

Old 08-19-2006, 01:58 AM
Hi Guys:

Any of you want to venture an idea how to repair my odometer....

Old 08-19-2006, 07:30 AM
It's too bad you don't have digital. it's more common and after fixing mine, took 3 years of procrastinating I fixed it and it works great. I would suspect a loose something behind your cluster which isn't that hard to remove. One point though, if you decide to remove, loosen screws all the way and keep a pen magnet handy so they don't drop. It's a little tight in there and I have bigger hands and lost 2.

Old 03-10-2008, 03:46 PM
analog odometer problems

I have the same problem with my odometer. I have a 1998 F150 with analog odometer and it will occasionally quite working and then al of a sudden start working again. If anyone can help, I would aprreciate it.

Quick Reply: Odometer stopped working