Cab roof lights and Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 09:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cab roof lights and Headlights

Two questions. I have just got cab roof lights for my truck, Heard they would look Bad A**, and i knew they would be hard to install but now i relize that i have no idea what im doing! Does anyone have any methods or diagrams...anything that would help me figure these things out?

Second question. I want new headlights. Does anyone have any suggestions for headlights that look good and shine good. Got a 98 F150.
THANKS for anything ya all can give me.

Old 04-06-2006, 09:10 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cab / roof lights, or clearance lights do look pretty cool, but they need to be insatlled correctly or you'll want "soap on a rope" in the cab with you every time it rains. Yes, that means the number one problem with an aftermarket install on these bad boys is water leaks. My Ford dealer has actually gone as far as declining to install them due to all of the problems they ran into - and they were using all Ford parts.

So, with that big caution in mind, the first thing you need to do is lay out the positions on your roof. Remember, measure twice, drill once. Placing masking tape around where you're working will make your marks show better and prevent minor scratches. You're going to find the center most lights a bear to reach unless you're seven feet tall.

As for wiring, make sure you use sealed grommets to both prevent cutting through the wire insulation on sharp sheet metal and to seal out that rain. You can run the main hot lead down the A pillar and tap into your lighting circuit (don't forget a fuse) at the Fuse Box using an Add a Circuit or other approved means. Good luck!

Old 04-06-2006, 05:49 PM
Thanks for the info. I am not the biggest electricly tuned guy, but i have a couple friends who are smart enough to handle something like this.. appreciate the help..

Old 04-06-2006, 09:13 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
First Rule of Electricity (for Mechanical Engineers): Everything electrical runs on smoke. If you let the smoke out, it doesn't work anymore.

Old 04-08-2006, 11:54 PM
I had mine done at Mantilla Ford in West Haven, CT. Not only did they TOTALLY over charge me, but they also Fed them up REALLY bad. Instead of installing them with 3 in the middle, and 2 on the outside the moran tried to put them all even, but couldnt even do that right, not 1 single light was even with the other, not one, and the leaked over night, and they wired them wrong. I had to go back in 3 times, and not have my truck for ONE week the first time. To this day they're still wired wrong and flash with my alarm as they should, and I told them. The treated me a moran that didnt know any better, and totally ripped me off. This happen last summer, and to be honest I dont ever want to step foot in the place again, let alone would I ever let them touch my truck again, but the more I think about again the hotter I get about it.

Quick Reply: Cab roof lights and Headlights