Just clicking

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2006, 10:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just clicking

I havent been able to start my truck for awhile now....good thing i have other vehicles but....just put on a new Bosch starter and a new solenoid UNDER the hood too...(i hate that Ford went with the solenoid on the starter too) but anyways....i try to jump solenoid by the battery with a screwdriver and i hear the one on the staer clicking..what the hell????????? Do you think that the one on the starter is screwed?LOL i just dont wanna take it all off again as i just put it on....ANY OTHER IDEAS GUYS? maybe just a stupid fuse somewhere that i havent seen?The 2 maxifuses beside the solenoid look good and i cleaned up the battery terminals too..........what next guys?HELP ME OUT i HATE not driving my baby.. I hope some one can help if they can Thanx

Old 02-20-2006, 07:23 AM
Angry

come on guys no help here? I figured at least ONE guy here would have something to say

Old 02-20-2006, 07:09 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Did you replace the battery? Did you check for power at the different connections? 10 minutes with an extra pair of hands to hold the key in the start position and a digital multimeter will have it all figgered out.

-Joe

Old 02-20-2006, 09:49 PM
either there isn't enough voltage to start it. try jumping it.

are the connections clean and tight, on the batt, relay and starter.

check the cables. a few people have had bad ones. they are corroded inside causing a no start issue.

the starter could be stuck or bad. give it a tap.

it would be best to check it out with a multimeter and check for a voltage drop to see where the problem is.

Old 02-21-2006, 06:10 PM
Cool ground wire location

If anyone can see on there starter Is there a ground wire coming from the long bolt on the starter to the solenoid or the battery????Which one is it?Anyone else with a 4.2 that can check that out for me?OR a diagram of it?
Thanx

Quick Reply: Just clicking