I need an opinion and some help with lights

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2005, 02:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I need an opinion and some help with lights

Im thinking about adding some offroad/fog lights behind the grill of my truck. Just like one of the threads ive seen on here. My question tho is should i tie the wiring into the headlight switch so that they only come on when i have my high beams on? I think off road light are illegal to run with in oregon. Im thinking it might be best to find a nice switch that wont look too bad and mount it in the center console of my truck. What do you guys think? And do you know of any lights that are better than the others.

Old 12-23-2005, 09:04 PM
I would suggest that you not "tie" anything into the headlight switch.

I would suggest that you wire any additional lights using a relay. there are several 'kits' that will include a switch, relay, wires and documentation.

I like to run 10 gauge wire to my lights (800 watts each), battery and ground. Then I use 16-18 for my switch (include an inline fuse of you can).

I have seen the lights mounted behind the grill. they look pretty cool, but I am thinking that they are a BIOTCH to adjust!!!

Good luck

Old 12-23-2005, 09:33 PM
Ok thanks, good plan. As far as adjustment i hope to adjust them once and then not mess with them again. but if i have to all i would have to do is take off that plastic shield which is like what 6 screws? IDK i think it will be ok. Thanks for your help, i appreciate it.

Old 12-23-2005, 09:41 PM
Thumbs up lighting HID

i have an 05 FX4 5.4 4x4 and took out the stock lamps and installed HID's or Xenons in the stock head light houseing whatttttttttt a difference 100 times brighter. i have then in the lows and in the fogs, now it looks meannn. the only cheesy thing i had to do is silicon around the lamp, to keep it snug and to stop moisture, other wise its brighttttttttttttttttt

Quick Reply: I need an opinion and some help with lights